Its Ok To Destroy Private Property

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Sep 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Six Greenpeace activists acquitted for damaging a power plant to reduce carbon emissions ? How batshit crazy do you have to be to let those terrorists walk ?

2. Can we kill them on the grounds they are exhaling CO2? They're certainly guilty of oxygen theft.

Time to start up the outrage bus. :roll:
  3. I suppose OJ was innocent in 1995 too?
  4. Tickets Please! We be goin' horla da whey!
  5. See, I thought about this. It seems to me that they were aquitted because their crimes were justified because they were campaigning against (alleged) man made climate change.

Now my thoughts went on to this:

Gordon One-Eye spouts nothing but sh!t and hot air. Sh!t produces methane which is (again allegedly) proven to cause climate change. Hot air also is bound to cause some sort of global warming. So to stop such pollutants I think that (following the earlier precedent) we could do criminal damage to HIM and get away with it.

The sort of criminal damage I'm on about is, of course, pretty fatal.

Edited for schpellung 'cos I typed this too fast before my boss caught me and told me off for ARRSEing about during work time!
  6. Thread creep I know. Our government has been trying to impose a tax on

dairy farmers because of all the farting the animals do. No one mentions

all the farting that people do. How come? Should we all wear a

Fartometer and be taxed according to the amount of methane we

produce? Create a few jobs for meter readers too.
  7. [/quote]

. . . or bombing Parliament to save the rest of the country?
  8. Just typical of the knee-jerk reactions to 'fashionable' causes, with no reference to the real world. Fcuking Liabore.
  9. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

It is an interesting case. It highlights growing awareness that environmental damage really is bad. It is also precedent set although I'll bet there is some sort of appeal.

I don't agree with the jury's interpretation of the law (if that is what it is) but I have sympathy about why the damage was done. I suppose that puts makes me into some sort of tree hugger but hey, if this case does wake up the PTB to realising the strength of feeling about the dissatisfaction on energy policy, it can only be a good thing.
  10. It's the Judge who instructed the jury to consider this 'excuse.'
    I would have argued that the damage caused could not outweigh level of global pollution but the current trend set by the Govt and CJS seems to be a bit skewed(and that's prob why I work for the RMP, and not the CPS...).
  11. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You're correct of course but the fact is the jury was allowed to debate the liaibility of the excuse to come to the decision it did.
  12. . . . or bombing Parliament to save the rest of the country?[/quote]

Hmmmm. If this kind of "for the greater good" defence succeeds, it does make you wonder whether assassination has recently been, shall we say, undervalued as a political tool. :wink:

Multiple inset quotey thing appears to be on the fritz?
  13. Would the last Briton out of the country.......well you know the rest!
  14. Here here legs, do you need a hand dispatching Cyclops or do you have it under control?
  15. As I have sid before our Government is week and our Judicial System is week and this all makes the efforts of our police force futile!!

Thats what happens whn you let libberals or commies in to power!!