Its official - We are run by morons

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Sep 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Roll on the next mis-selling scandal...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. "Hi Gran, I know you're 74 now and I know that after Grandpa died earlier this year, you've been fairly skint. Things is, see your pension? Can I use it to put a deposit down on this three bedroom house that me and Nicola would like to buy. Some guy fae the government says you should."

That'll go down swimmingly with my family.
  3. I rather think Vince passed him that dummy, crap figures researchers. Lib Dems, a party of the people, what bollox!
    When he is ceremonialy kicked into touch before the next election, with a nice job in the EU his expenses will give his sensitive little souls enough for a one up one down in Islington, perhps next to Tony!
  4. Interesting survey figures from the DT spot survey on this article.
    Thank you for voting!

Yes, it will free up capital to allow first time buyers to enter the housing market 8.12% (87 votes)

No, it is little more than a gimmick and could harm the retirement incomes of the older generation 91.88% (985 votes)

Total Votes: 1,072

So Nick perhaps another rather predictable U turn. If this is the best they can come up with we are doomed!
  5. What's the pension like for MP's?
    I know that our MP did 30 years, got Knighted, retired and is on a nice little earner now.
    Where as i pay more in & get less out and have to work till at least 67.
    Shit, i should become an MP i can do a worst job then Clegg & Co!
  6. We really are at a generational watershed - those who can afford houses have no intentions of letting the younger generation also getting on the housing ladder. Seems a way of moving the wealth to allow young people to get their first house.
  7. The scheme doesn't force anyone to part with their money, it simply means that if the retired so wish, they can help the younger get on the property ladder tax free, as usually large sums of money are taxed when they are handed down to younger generations.

I dislike Clegg, but this isn't a big deal imo.
  8. Rest assured that MP's pension really are platinum plated and diamond encrusted.
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well thats a prize ******* cock idea Mr Clegg.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. And vested financial interests wish to see the price of housing stay high.

This scheme is nothing more than a scam to get the elderly to prop up the housing market with their pensions.
  11. Is he saying that grandma will be a guarantor for part of the mortgage and will be able to use the pension pot as collateral? So in the event of default the pot loses?
  12. You know whats really staggering?

Clegg is so detached from reality he thinks a £40k pension pot is a 'decent enough pension'.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. To call him a dribbling retard would cause offence to those dribbling retards who work hard at being able to count to potato.

£40,000 to retire on, which planet are these ***** living on.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Yes, that's the gist of it.

It's up there in utter cock-stupidness with introducing 'voluntary' euthanasia for old 'uns. Thinking about the two proposals, combined - well, the pressure on Granny to jump off the cliff will be pretty intense: "Hey, Gran, we need your pension to buy a flat. You know, the one you've worked for all your life, and your dead hubby too. Oh, and by the way, it'd be nice if you weren't around to actually want to spend it (instead of us), especially on care home charges (can't have you living with us, in the place we bought with your money) so hurry up and do yourself in, please :) "
    • Like Like x 1