• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Its OFFICIAL! Gordon Brown worse than Neville Chamberlain!

Who would you choose to save Britain?

• Gordon Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neville Chamberlain

• John Major

• Harold Wilson

• Thatcnut Blair

• Maggie

• Mr W Churchill

• Clement Atlee

• EU

• Lib Dems

• Total voters
GORDON Brown was battling to restore confidence in his battered leadership last night – as an ex-Cabinet minister declared the Government was “f****d”.

The top Labour figure’s warning came as a poll showed the PM’s personal rating had plummeted.

His rating fell from PLUS 48 last August to MINUS 37 – a bigger drop than Neville Chamberlain after he tried to appease Hitler in the 1930s.

And Mr Brown is less trusted to steer the country through economic crisis than any other Western leader, a poll in today’s Financial Times reveals. Almost seven in ten Brits had “no confidence”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1037308.ece

More than two-thirds of British people have no confidence in the government’s handling of the economy, Monday’s FT/Harris poll shows. This is many more than in the US and other European countries. After rising food and energy prices, their biggest concern is excessive taxes.

If British voters are worried about the global credit squeeze – more than a third expect their finances to worsen – then they are right to be. They have no more reason to trust politicians’ assurances that the UK can weather a US recession than believe their next-door neighbour’s.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3572b556-0978-11dd-81bf-0000779fd2ac.html

'Big Beast' my arrse

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
For a truly outstanding dissection of why GB cannot survive - and does not deserve to - read Matthew Parris' article from The Times on Saturday:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/matthew_parris/article3731645.ece

Extracts:

"Gordon Brown: the terrible vacuum
The Prime Minister is disastrous, with no ideas. He may well be ousted before the next election

Speeches are made and columns written urging the wizard to hurry up and show us his magic. But the wizard hasn't got any magic. Poor wand-less Mr Brown isn't concealing or delaying his abracadabra moment. There's nothing there: nothing to get cracking with, nothing to communicate, nothing to explain.

I think his premiership is disintegrating. With no belief in the human at its centre I doubt the disintegration can be halted or reversed. I think this will become plain by autumn. One way or another, and very possibly before the next election, I think Mr Brown will go. "

Britain can be saved, looking at the poll results a leader with a big set of balls is required (metaphorical in Maggie's sense). Seems like pro-forces PM's are favoured (no real surprise) 8O

Which daft c*nt voted for Gordo then?? :x

WTF - somebody voted for Broon :?

God help us all if that tw@t gets in again. However there is nobody of the staure of Thatcher, Churchill or Atlee in the wings so we may all be Royally fcuked :(

Neville Chamberlain for all his mistakes at appeasement did actualy steer britain through the depression. Still a smarter and better bloke than brown ever will be.

I had a phone call with a colleague of mine yesterday who works closely with central govt on some quite large educational policies. He tells me that Nu Labour are in deep panic and the best they are hoping for after the next elections is a hung parliament. They don't even want to think about the May 1st local govt elections. One major education project is to be shelved, although they will re-word that as the money Broon promised has simply 'vanished' into the economic ether due to their lack of planning for world economic variables.
I wouldn't trust them to hold a balloon, let alone office.

smartascarrots said:
I'm not sure Britain can be saved. Nor, in it's present shape, deserves to be. A clean slate might be the best way all round.
I think you may be right. The UK is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. If the Liabour Party win again we're well stuffed and if the Tories win it'll take them years to sort out Liabours mess.

edited to add: I see Gordon Brown is registered on arrse as he's voted for himself.

Not much point voting for a dead or dying former PM although I confess, Winnie would kick them up the arrse.
Sad really, that we cant even suggest an alternative to the one eyed yellow git. I wouldn't even follow 'our leaders' out of curiosity.

Oh and the OP missed Jeremy Clarkson off the list.

Squiffy, you dont know how far you are from the truth..........Irony....geddit!

Neville Chamberlain did, at first, mistakenly believe that Hitler could be held to his word. Munich disabused him of this and so he used the last year of peace to hastily rearm.

Neville Chamberlain for all his mistakes at appeasement did actualy steer britain through the depression. Still a smarter and better bloke than brown ever will be.
Perhaps but with regard to preparation for a major conflict he's isn't even on the radar and I think this is where we can draw a parallel with GB. If the next WW or anything like it really is just around the corner, the UK is in a worse state to deal with it than we were in the 1920s and that is a damning indictment of this governments willingness to provided adequate security for the UK. All the money is being spent on imported Labour voters.

rickshaw-major said:
WTF - somebody voted for Broon :?

God help us all if that tw@t gets in again. However there is nobody of the staure of Thatcher, Churchill or Atlee in the wings so we may all be Royally fcuked :(
Well it wasn't me, guv! The man's an empty vessel, making a lot of sound about 'Britishness' when he was one of the principal architects of the attempted dissolution of the Union (an attempt which may yet succeed). Blair at least had the ability to project a persona, however phoney, and to make something like the right noises at times of high drama such as Sep 01 (Iraq, perhaps, was another matter). I shudder to think how Brown would react to a real crisis - can you imagine him confronting a Hitler, or even a Galtieri? (Scargill, too, would have walked all over him.) And, whatever Parris may say about the irrelevance of psychological flaws, I find some of his mannerisms (tongue literally thrust into cheek, awkward shuffling of hands, jerks of the head etc.) downright scary. I'm not suggesting that he's mentally ill, but I do believe he's deeply insecure, for whatever reason, and the sooner we're rid of him - and the rest of the appalling tragicomedy that is New Labour - the better.

Once a generation this country needs a Real Labour government (that tw@t Blair was many things, but he wasn't Real Labour), to remind us of why the last one was booted out.

Broon is starting to make Neil Kinnock look effective and charismatic.

Like Speedy, I have also been chatting to a resident of the Westminster village and was told that a large number of backbenchers are bricking it. I was also told that Gordo will not go to the electorate before May 2010, publically in order to "set out his vision", privately because he is in a dark depression becasue he has realised that he is not up to the job and unelectable.

An interesting combat indicator is that apparently a number of PR firms are quietly hiring current and ex-conservative staffers. I'd love to be in HR at McKinsey's, EDS, etc to see how many CVs of Conservative Party influencers are currently being mulled over.

Aparently the first newspaper that John major read every morning was The Sun as he thought it reflected what the nation was thinking. If The Sun has turned against Gordo then he is f*cked because it also means that Rupert "Kingmaker" Murdoch has had enough.

Even the Guardian is struggling to ignore this one - there are only so many stories on climate change and Robert Mugabe that the Guardinistas can run before they have to start reporting on the slow death of Gordon Brown.

Question is, who will make the first cut? My bet is on Ed Balls because he is arrogant enough and Milliband will then flounce in when the blood has cleared a little, not one with a stomach for blood I suspect young David. Harriett Harman will have a go of course, her shrill voice will be all over the place about "wimin", but no one will be listening as she is too accident prone.

I think Miliband will be sensible though, a poisoned chalice at the moment and he might just wait until the Tories have been in government to fix things before he has a crack at the big one.

My money is on Charles Clark to club the lot of them and wade on in there over the dead bodies. I'll be the local pizza take away to No.10 can hardy wait !

angular said:
Once a generation this country needs a Real Labour government (that tw@t Blair was many things, but he wasn't Real Labour), to remind us of why the last one was booted out.

Broon is starting to make Neil Kinnock look effective and charismatic.
Spot on. Every generation of new voters has to learn for themselves (and older ones remember) just how absolutely useless Labour Governments always are.

The trouble is that it takes time for them to p1ss away any sound economic legacy they have inherited and for the burden of overall taxation, stupid spending and the Cabinet being stacked with enough patent idiots and yes-persons to the point where ordinary voters see they are worthless and cry "Enough!".

Broon is a dead man walking. Never had any ideas other than the Labour dream of Income Redistribution, just rode the boom wave and that allowed enough taxes to flow in to cover the bonkers Client State he created, mask his bombast and outright lies on the economy. If he were the CFO of any quoted company would be in prison for false accounting.

Now the party is over. Bubble has burst, tax revenues are about to crash and all those big, big plans are turning to unaffordable sh1t and that will prompt slash 'n burn elsewhere. Quite clear that a few sacred developmental cows ( e.g Nimrod) are not long for this world or will be pushed way back.

Sadly, were a Conservative government to be voted in today it will be 3 to 4 years before things can turned around half properly and even that assumes the world economy will not go to Hell on a bike & some recovery will be evident.

So batten down the hatches: very nasty weather ahead.

Hootch said:
Even the Guardian is struggling to ignore this one - there are only so many stories on climate change and Robert Mugabe that the Guardinistas can run before they have to start reporting on the slow death of Gordon Brown.

I would say that the Guardians comment pages after every 'Brown's all right really' puff piece by the likes of polly Toynbee, Jackie Ashley etc are a real hoot. Its actually like reading arrsers opinions of Brown, only more vicious, the lefties are really putting the boot in, you'll read only one pro labour post for every twenty attacks

check out this link as a taste, but don't bother reading Jackie Ashley's bit go straight to comments.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/apr/14/gordonbrown.labour

an example -

Chadwick88 April 14, 2008 1:51 PM

Jackie reckons the UK economy 'seems to be doing well'...

On the contrary, what we have in the UK currently is a momentous expansion of the un-productive public sector, the debasement of the education system and the destruction of the economic and tax environment for business.

What the UK is currently doing, to all intents and purposes, is drinking its own piss.
With friends like this Labour is doomed.

As an aside, did you know that Nu-Lab cheerleader Jackie Ashley is married to that fearless impartial searcher after truth, Andy 'Jugears' Marr, a relationship that may have been put under some strain by his fathering of a child (while married) to a Times journalist, Alice Miles. You'll never read about that in the cosy BBC/Westminster/islington media circus, who are always happy to help each other out on delicate matters like that.

Latest Threads