It's Like Handbags At Dawn

Ritch

LE
I have noticed a recent trend of late for people to create a user page on the Wiki for another member of the site (probably without their knowledge). There are plenty of user pages about the more infamous members of the site, most of these either funny or informative. A fair few are also close to the bone but this is permitted.

Now these recent submissions are neither funny or informative. They're purely a way for someone with a lack of backbone to feel they've got one over on the subject. As a moderator on there, it's tedious to have to go through these pages and read the drivel submitted by users that in most cases, are afraid to use the user name they use here.

Any more of these type of pages that are just a thinly veiled attempt at getting one over on someone will be hoofed with no warning.

Try acting like adults and sort it out in PMs. Failing that, you could just ignore the person you don't like

Just a guess but would these be the same individuals that apparently spam the report button when someone they dislike makes a post?

The lack of naming and shaming around here is a bit disappointing. We need some form of internet stocks for public humiliation. Or bring back ViroBono for some proper tyranny, either one.

Ritch

LE
Just a guess but would these be the same individuals that apparently spam the report button when someone they dislike makes a post?

The lack of naming and shaming around here is a bit disappointing. We need some form of internet stocks for public humiliation. Or bring back ViroBono for some proper tyranny, either one.
I'd hazard a guess and say yes.

I have noticed a recent trend of late for people to create a user page on the Wiki for another member of the site (probably without their knowledge). There are plenty of user pages about the more infamous members of the site, most of these either funny or informative. A fair few are also close to the bone but this is permitted.

Now these recent submissions are neither funny or informative. They're purely a way for someone with a lack of backbone to feel they've got one over on the subject. As a moderator on there, it's tedious to have to go through these pages and read the drivel submitted by users that in most cases, are afraid to use the user name they use here.

Any more of these type of pages that are just a thinly veiled attempt at getting one over on someone will be hoofed with no warning.

Try acting like adults and sort it out in PMs. Failing that, you could just ignore the person you don't like
I like how the latest submitter is an Anonymous_Yank imposter.

Screenshot (1236).jpg

Apparently I really like to contribute...
Screenshot (1237).png

Last edited:

Seems ARRSEpedia needs an update to acknowledge the reign of the new SPOTY.

Site Penis of the Year
The annual 'SPOTY' competition decides who's been the arch cock of ARRSE for the previous twelve months. Reigning champion is currently Supermong Baglock closely followed by Users PhotEx and amazing_lobster, all of them cnuts.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
ARRSEpedia was traditionally a 'military dictionary'. Things like "egg banjo", "hippocrocogorillapig" and "endex" listed there, among the various units and the general squaddie piss taking you'd expect on them.

I quite liked the SAS one, as well as the REME Bats page.

I don't think it was ever intended to become a 'wiki' for the Brexit mongs to create "hilarious" pages about one another.

As a side note @Ritch ...shouldn't we have a banner under your name? Something like "Pedia Guru" or is that too close to "Paedo Guru"...? :-D

Ritch

LE
Seems ARRSEpedia needs an update to acknowledge the reign of the new SPOTY.

Site Penis of the Year
The annual 'SPOTY' competition decides who's been the arch cock of ARRSE for the previous twelve months. Reigning champion is currently Supermong Baglock closely followed by Users PhotEx and amazing_lobster, all of them cnuts.
There has been a lot of scribbling on the SPOTY page of late. Someone felt that strongly, they wrote a frothy 3000 words on it over a period of three hours.

Ritch

LE
ARRSEpedia was traditionally a 'military dictionary'. Things like "egg banjo", "hippocrocogorillapig" and "endex" listed there, among the various units and the general squaddie piss taking you'd expect on them.

I quite liked the SAS one, as well as the REME Bats page.

I don't think it was ever intended to become a 'wiki' for the Brexit mongs to create "hilarious" pages about one another.

As a side note @Ritch ...shouldn't we have a banner under your name? Something like "Pedia Guru" or is that too close to "Paedo Guru"...? :-D
We should!

When they were dishing out banners, I was told I was a shoe-in for a nice, shiny one but it never happened.

I just coped by being extra tyrannical.

There has been a lot of scribbling on the SPOTY page of late. Someone felt that strongly, they wrote a frothy 3000 words on it over a period of three hours.
Perhaps it was @Bravo_Bravo borrowing my presumed crayons...

I think it is for the best, that you name them, so that they can receive the appropriate psychiatric help.

That's has the distinct whiff of despair, failure and I'm Totally Not Botheredness I've long come to associate with one poster who states in his signature block that he has me on Ignore, but drones on about me ad nauseam, and has recently even quoted me.

The silly.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm disappointed. I searched for myself and don't have an entry. I'm less important than I think and will now slip back into the greyness of obscurity.

:)

Ritch

LE
I think it is for the best, that you name them, so that they can receive the appropriate psychiatric help.
They're not even using their ARRSE name - it reeks of fear.

I'm disappointed. I searched for myself and don't have an entry. I'm less important than I think and will now slip back into the greyness of obscurity.

:)
I looked for the Aah button, but apparently we don't have one.

Have a hug instead.

1580127696523.png