Its happened again...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tonto108, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No need for the bus to move, it is standard in this country to use a passport, driving licence or UK citizen card. All other forms of identification don't count. Simple, stupid I know but there you go.
  2. So if you don't travel, drive and you refuse to cowtow to this '1984' government re - ID cards then you're F@cked?
  3. Banks, building societies and most credit agencies dont accept HM Forces ID Card either.
  4. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

It is all part of making life difficult so that we will be so happy when we all get a New Labout ID Card for a fee of £80
  5. Bit of a non-story really. They were denied entry because their MOD ID wasn't on the list of acceptable ID, not because they were military. Anyway, bearing in mind it was a Wetherspoon's I reckon the door-staff did them a favour.
  6. "The pair, who served with 42 and 45 Commando in Afghanistan during the current deployment, had both returned to their shared house unaware that the other had leave."

Mmmmmm........reeeeeeeally?!?!! Look at those taches......if they're not a couple of homos then my name's Jarrod!!

My new found "gaydar" is bleeping like a mummyhumper!
  7. There must be more than one pub in Portsmouth, so just go round the corner to another one that couldn't care less and drink there
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

No, actually this is something that we need to fuel up the outrage bus over.

The point is that these companies should accept service ID. I've been to places where they are willing to accept Student Union cards but not service ID. I accept that it is ignorance on their part, but look at the attitude of the company once it has been told. Not, 'OK we've made a mistake we'll change' but 'tough its our policy'.

Until they change their policy it should be the policy of every service person and every other right thinking person not to patronize their pubs.
  9. So

'the company only accepts three forms of ID to combat fraud – a passport, driving licence or UK citizen card.'

'we are currently running a promotion, which offers discount to armed forces personnel.'

How do the staff know that the customer is from the military to admin this promotion if they do not accept military ID to prevent fraud? Surely this is double standards. I can just see the Waltiverse having a field day here - 'Military ID, no, but I believe I am in 22SAS and here is my fake passport/driving licence/UK Citizens card to prove it.'

I have seen numerous articles in recent years about how insecure the accepted forms of ID are (anyone for identity theft?) but very few about MOD90.
  10. msr

msr LE

Why? Should a Tesco ID staff card be used as ID?

11. Agree with MSR, Forces ID cards are rare beasts for most of society and most people wouldn't have a clue if one had been altered/forged/whatever. My MOD 90 looks as though someone could have easily knocked it up on a PC.

Hence passport/driving licence which everyone knows exactly how they are supposed to look like.

Can't imagine anywhere allowing SU ID as formal proof of age seeing as you can join at 16 and they don't have a DoB on them.
  12. I actually did LOL at the utter boneness of that post... please tell me it was a wah?, Although I refuse to even consider "spraying my keyboard" or indeed "rolling on the floor"

Get over yourself Dierdrie and carry some civvy ID for entry into civvy premises...simple, it's a fact that waving an MOD 90 about doesn't make doormen moist with gives them an excuse to f uck you off.

If you were on gateguard and someone rocked up with their f ucking blockbusters card would you let them in?
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I do carry my driving license with me so its not an issue for me. However a service ID is not a Tesco value card and any responsible company should be able to teach its door staff ina Garrison/Naval Base town to recognize them.
  14. Why? What makes us different from anyone else?