It's Enoch's fault.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by samain11, Jan 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Powell was spot on, That Javid guy IS playing the race card.
    If he can't see the problems now (which Mr Powell forseen), He is either batshit daft or part of the problem.
    Him calling the race card on Powell today is highly offensive to foresight and intelligence itself.

40 Years on and we have given equality a chance, People have allowed the rules to be changed and It is not working.
    I'm all for equality but It's not me who is trying to change a culture to suit my own (or external) agenda.
    Time for change, I'm not sure what, But to quote Mr Branson "Insanity by definition, Is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"

- The Prodigy "Omen"

3 quotes from 3 brits in one reply, Must be the Weetabix.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

powell is the most misquoted and maligned politician since the war. he was vilified for telling it how it is and how it was going to be. they shied it up as racism because they didn't like their policies being exposed as the sham that they were.

he has been proven right time and time again yet never received an apology off anyone
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

4. Ah WW2 the aftermath and learning lessons ... Enoch Powell had an interesting observation ....

No misquote here but an interesting quote ....

... as it would appear we are still , but just , that way now .... strangely prophetic .
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The thing that gets me about "equality" is if any group has to accept inequality, it is usually not a group for whom equality laws are created (family law, human rights for criminals, but not for victims, the laziness of authority / establishment to aim for easy targets, instead of the harder ones.

(NB: I have not knowingly experienced an unfair application of equality laws myself, my opinion is from what I glean from the BBC, Private Eye, and my judgment of what people say in conversation.)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)