Its easy to misplace £2million

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wonder how this will go down with the horny-handed sons of toil (or whatever) who will be desperately needed in May's local elections?

"Ooh, I'm sorry - I got my millions mixed up! I appear to have loaned £2million on top of my earlier £2million donation and forgotten about it! Don't blame me, I'm only the Science minister!"

It is pleasing to see that, despite his lack of mental faculties, he is clearly capable of interpreting the Ministerial Code of Conduct for us so we don't have to think about it ourselves!

Long live the Guide and the Successor! (not!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4866544.stm

2. £6.5 Mill to be " a minister in the Department of Trade and Industry"
    john

3. This just shows the gap between "them" and "us". To have £2M slip down the back of the settee sounds careless or criminal. To spend £6.5M on a "hobby" is equally outlandish. To those of us with concerns about income levels, it sounds dodgy in the extreme. "Why make the donation if you do not expect to get something in return? What are you buying?" To those who have much more than they need, such expenditure is almost a petty cash transaction.
    Whilst this may make it non-criminal, it does not make it right and proper.