its cheaper than a coffin

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Draft Dodger, Mar 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm riddled, so probably not.
  2. I'm not having anyone gawp at my huge penis after I'm gone.
  3. No chance, "science" being what it is today, it will probably just flog you off to this ******* ghoul!

• Like Like x 2
  4. surely this would make you a more interesting corpse.

i think i'd do it. i'm down as an organ donor and once i get so old all my innards are knackered i think donating to science is the way to go. i like the idea of continuing to mildly unsettle women even after i'm dead.
  5. Rugby players have brains !! Every day is a school day.
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

In all seriousness, one of the lads in my unit is a med student by day and he says there is a chronic shortage of corpses to chop up and disect. As a result he shares a cadaver with around 20 other students and his particular dead guy is getting a bit ragged round the edges after years of being interfered with. Unfortunately there just aren't enough corpses donated to science to cover the amount of med students who need them. As a result (in his opinion) his learning potential is somewhat hindered and the quality of docs hitting the streets these days is not as good as it could be.

If anyone is considering it, you should leave your body directly to the medical sciences department of your chosen uni in your will.

Having said that, I plan to be cremated, I ******* hate students.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Good idea if you have a fear of being buried alive. It is less likely if some student wag has stuck his hand up your neck and is going "Gottle ob geer" whilst moving your jaw.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. My gran had requested that her body be donated to medical science, however in her last couple of years she had several operations when excluded her from being used. it's undamaged corpses they are after apparently.
    My suggestion that we used parts from several bodies to make one complete and undamaged "Frankensteins medical research cadaver" wasn't well received, (gran thought it was a good plan, but then she always had a better sense of humour than the rest of em)
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Is the one at the bottom Freddie Kruger?
  10. I looked into this a while back, thinking that if I popped my clogs before my mrs it would save her the cost of a coffin/funeral....wrong. Once they`ve chopped around with the bits they are interested in, it`s the next of kins responsibility to get the remains transported back from the uni/hospital which could be hundreds of miles away, and still have to cough up for a funeral.
    I believe there was a bit on the news about the lack of bodies, with the suggestion that medical research facilities should pay for the final funeral arrangements if they want a free body to play with, that way they might get a few more takers.
  11. I'd like to be bottled and placed on display so I can continue to frighten the children.
  12. my first option has always been to be cremated in a viking longboat being carried out to sea with my wife tied screaming to the mast but handing myself over to some hungover 18 year olds seemed more sensible.
  13. I remember when a friend, now a surgeon in Canada, was a med student in Nova Scotia. The students are taught to respect the donated bodies and at the end of the year there is a funeral for the bodies, each in his or her own grave, to which the families ae invited and for which attendance in mandatory for the med students to show gratitude for the donation which enabled their education to progress.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I'm being cremated and my ashes scattered at Bluwater shopping mall. That way I can be sure that Mrs Driver will visit at least three times a week.
    • Like Like x 1