Its become a bunch of ARRSE

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Danny_Dravot, Sep 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. are other people becoming fed up with ARRSE contributors; particularly 2 types of posters are gripping my sh!t:

1. 'The who can be first to copy and paste a news story from the BBC/SKY website?'

- oooohh aren't you clever with your grasp of current affairs

2. The RIP fella / condolences to F&F / chad latin quote.

- we've all lost mates on ops, yet i've never felt the need to 'RIP fella' anybody, least of all somebody not known to me!
  2. Clicky

Goon_Bde gets all upset in ARRSE
  3. Guilty as charged on the second one fella.
    I don't do it because I am emotionally incontinent (another thread), but because I feel it is important to express my own dismay at another life lost. Also, I know these threads give some comfort to relatives who may log in here occasionally - that is good enough for me. If it grips your shit, I can live with that.
  4. First Gripe - OK, I can see how that may grip your bowls

Second Gripe - unfcuking lucky mate. Don't like it - Don't read it I guess.
  5. If you post a news link, at least have the intelligence to comment on it.

As for the condolence threads - tough. They are important
  6. Fecking hell,don't get so uptight,there was a story about this on the sky website,I will have a look to see if I can paste it up,hang on a minute
  7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you could please, and the condolence thread, I seem to have mislaid that link as well.
  8. 1 yes
    2 no .... if it gives just a little comfort to the familys that we dont just forget then it without doubt of use

9. Hang on a minute,it must be mixed up with my repertoire of latin quotes,bl00dy Tempus Fugit its nearly tea time
  10. I would like to offer my condolences to Goon_bde, for the tragedy of him not liking some threads.

If you would like to reply to this post, and add your name to the list, I'm sure his friends and family would appreciate it.

11. Que sera
  12. The former comment doesn't need any comment clicky ...blah blah blah

Ref the second, please don't get me wrong, i feel for the friends and family and agree that any loss of life is a tradegy.

But the mindless "RIP Fella" is just a step away from the 'city of liverpool grieving together' or the 'funeral of the people's princess' when a nation grieved.

I just feel that is somebody wants to pay theirt condolences it should have a little more "i remember when me and smudge joined up in '93, we were in the same Tp. He was a great mate and friend"
  13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I disagree. We all made a choice to become soldiers, therefore the loss of a comrade is felt strongly because that individual also made the same choice.

No-one chose to become a scouser.
  14. No worse than quoting an e-mail that is doing the rounds:

Goon is above quoting other sources...
  15. My dad's bigger than your dad...