Its all an RAF plot to avoid cuts....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MrShanklysboots, Sep 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They fought that Battle of Britain with one eye on the future.

They KNEW that all this positive PR would be rolling round just at the time they were under severe threat - how could anyone be so heartless as to cut them now?

I bet they DARED Goering in a letter. "Dear Fatty. Bet you can't take us. Love and bubbles, Crab Air."

Rumour has it that Keith Park said with his dying breath "Make sure a Royal has his wings up when the time comes......"

Clever Chaps these Crabs....

2. msr

msr LE

It's failed... trading on a 70 year old victory won't save them

3. Sure, it's not as if any Army Regiments trade on past glories to avoid amalgamation........

4. msr

msr LE

And it's not as if have centuries of tradition have saved any one..

5. Watching a couple of chinless wonders bigging themselves up on the beeb now (pass the bucket), it was more of a draw than a victory anyways.

6. msr

msr LE

SDSR will be the final arbiter.

7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

A draw? I thought Herr Hitler blinked first and decided, in a strategic master-stroke to invade the Soviet Union instead (oh and manage to pull the US in as well).

8. The nips had a little bit of fun to drag the septics in

9. I was reading in one of the Sunday Papers about a Squadron Leader who was being hailed as a hero because of his exploits during the Battle of Britain. The fact he had only at that stage had 6 hours flying in a Spitfire before his first battle etc.

However, when you read the chaps words, not the papers assumptions, you found out he flew one sortie, on the very last day, and the only shots he fired off were at a friendly bomber that he missed anyway :)

He did later win the DFC in Malta though :)

There is a lot of poop being written just now....walts the lot of them ;)

10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Yes, indeed they did, but I imagine the US will at least have considered the possibility of limiting themselves to a Pacific War, rather than a European one as well.

11. the Paras do it, and theres was a defeat.

12. The Paras don't tend to recruit from the ranks of Mensa ( and they're designed to need the crabs to point them in the right direction - it's a conspiracy alright! )