Its all about natural gas.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jan 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Natural gas, its supplies are becoming more and more important theme. So it would be logical to discuss 'gas events' at least sometimes.

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Unless of course Russia shuts of gas to various EU countries . . . oh, it't done that too. So, why is Russian gas more reliable than gas from Iran?

Hows about some EU gas companies assist Iran in building their gas infrastructure and tell Russia to take a running jump at itself?
  3. It's an opinion expressed by the academic from Oxford.

...that could be bombed by our American friends. Businessmen don't like (as a rule) to lose investments.

Meanwhile 'the Russians are coming'

6. This is one of those stories that is playing big in other parts of the world but not here, not sure if I know why. There are also issues with resources in South Africa at the moment with refineries having to close due to lack of power and the threat of both electric and fuel shortages. Last month it was China with a massive diesel shortage that bought parts of the country to a standstill for some time. Where next ?

History shows that access to resources has been a major factor in many conflicts. The experts tell us that we will be seeing more of this not less in the next 20 years. As Britain sits at the end of a very long supply network and with both diminishing oil and gas reserves the lack of interest in this issue in terms of the associated investment in certain parts of the defence mix here is bordering on the negligent. I keep telling my MP that this is the grizzly thats going to come over the hill before long but he just isn't interested.