It's 2016, get back to work you lazy feckers.

What does 2016 hold for you? Are you just going to creep along on the bring employment treadmill? Do you run a business - is the future bright or bleak? What about a job change or a life change and doing something totally different?

For me rehab has been my work for the last 6 years, it's not the most enjoyable job, by far. I'm touted to be MDd in September and have been thinking about what to do with myself.

A job is the obvious choice, postie and bin man are out and I've been thinking do I really need a conventional job? Financially I'm OK, but more money is always nice. I'm involved with a few charities which takes up some of my time and has it perks (such as seeing the mighty Nottingham Forest). I also want to do other things, 2016 should see the campervan project get off its arse (I've just got to get the courage to spend £30-£40k) allowing me to get out and enjoy more, I don't want to be sat in an office when I should be driving down to tankfest.

I was considering going freelance, doing a bit of public speak, disability consultant, reviewer. I'm also involved with a couple of clinical researches and have recently signed up to be a film extra. If all these things pan out I'll be too busy for normal work.

The only other thing I could think of as an easy life was to become an MP, but then even choices have to be made, I'm a Tory by heart, but beating a Tory MP gets you no where, confined to the back benches, whereas a couple of weeks in labour and I reckon I could run for leader.

I would like to start making boat loads of money. And start my own company if possible - getting a bit tired of making $$$ for others.

L

lumpy2

What does 2016 hold for you? Are you just going to creep along on the bring employment treadmill? Do you run a business - is the future bright or bleak? What about a job change or a life change and doing something totally different?

For me rehab has been my work for the last 6 years, it's not the most enjoyable job, by far. I'm touted to be MDd in September and have been thinking about what to do with myself.

A job is the obvious choice, postie and bin man are out and I've been thinking do I really need a conventional job? Financially I'm OK, but more money is always nice. I'm involved with a few charities which takes up some of my time and has it perks (such as seeing the mighty Nottingham Forest). I also want to do other things, 2016 should see the campervan project get off its arse (I've just got to get the courage to spend £30-£40k) allowing me to get out and enjoy more, I don't want to be sat in an office when I should be driving down to tankfest.

I was considering going freelance, doing a bit of public speak, disability consultant, reviewer. I'm also involved with a couple of clinical researches and have recently signed up to be a film extra. If all these things pan out I'll be too busy for normal work.

The only other thing I could think of as an easy life was to become an MP, but then even choices have to be made, I'm a Tory by heart, but beating a Tory MP gets you no where, confined to the back benches, whereas a couple of weeks in labour and I reckon I could run for leader.
Where are you at with the law degree?

Best wishes in whatever path you take. :)

Where are you at with the law degree?

Best wishes in whatever path you take. :)
4th Year of 6. Employment law and Family law this year.

As most of those cunts are lower than an adder's arsehole, you could probably run a damn site faster, and with a little more dignity, than most........

I would like to start making boat loads of money. And start my own company if possible - getting a bit tired of making $$$ for others.
If you can do it then go for it. I started my own company in the summer and it's only getting better - that's after my old boss said it wouldn't work.

It's hard work as you might expect but it's great not having anyone but yourself to answer to.

Kirkz

LE
Have you thought about a job in bomb disposal?
I mean it's not like you've anything left to lose.

If you can do it then go for it. I started my own company in the summer and it's only getting better - that's after my old boss said it wouldn't work.

It's hard work as you might expect but it's great not having anyone but yourself to answer to.
I work hard enough anyways. But I think there will actually be some satisfaction and pleasure in doing it.

If you wanted to keep your hand in, (excuse the pun) with your old work. I quite often see now 'Blast mitigation reports', and 'UXB surveys', all done prior to commencement on site, so no access issues for you?

If you wanted to keep your hand in, (excuse the pun) with your old work. I quite often see now 'Blast mitigation reports', and 'UXB surveys', all done prior to commencement on site, so no access issues for you?
Yes, use the skills you've got. Throw in a bit of overpaid public speaking/consultancy "work", job jobbed.

2016 will bring change to my family. I should moving in June/July to our property in the sticks, and the missus will follow next year once the kiddos are out of school.

Work wise - new office, and some new products. But we make bleeding-edge gear, so in some respects it's more of the same.

i got told I was unsuccessful in my application for my own job and walked out today. Screw them. Its job hunting time.

Yes, use the skills you've got. Throw in a bit of overpaid public speaking/consultancy "work", job jobbed.
I could certainly work in that capacity and advise companies so that they don't get ripped off and where it's the MoDs responsibility to dispose of any munitions.

But site access is a no no, unless I get me one of these

i got told I was unsuccessful in my application for my own job and walked out today. Screw them. Its job hunting time.
Same work or going for something totally different?

Same work or going for something totally different?
Anything I can get. I'm treating the job like it's temporary now, bare minimum effort and maximum job searching,. I have to get out now, because I told the manager he was talking bollocks when he tried the "you're a valued member of the team" That's why you're giving someone with less experience, less time served and who has made collossal fuck ups the job? would have been my next sentence, but I had already pressed the "GTFO" button in the elevator.

Kirkz

LE
Anything I can get. I'm treating the job like it's temporary now, bare minimum effort and maximum job searching,. I have to get out now, because I told the manager he was talking bollocks when he tried the "you're a valued member of the team" That's why you're giving someone with less experience, less time served and who has made collossal **** ups the job? would have been my next sentence, but I had already pressed the "GTFO" button in the elevator.
This is not the end. It's the beginning of a brand new chapter in your life.
I wish you good luck and every success Mukker :)

Latest Threads