ITMA

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How disappointing! I thought this was going to be about Tommy Handley. Damn.

Ah, but this time he's being covered by some immensely fat gunner doris with a schmeisser. So it's OK and perfectly accurate historically.

Looks like Flashman's massive largesse of Gunner uniform has hit ebay already?

Didn't the Swastika (as it is now called) used to be a religious symbol until it got bastardised by the SS?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
The weekend event includes military stalls, swing dance lessons, vintage fun fair and a swing ball on the Saturday night.
Taking the whole Hitler thing a bit far there.

Mel Brooks says;

Mel-Brooks-Walk-of-Fame-300x209.jpg

I was born in that neck of the woods and what I see doesn't really surprise me.
The organisers said something about it being a recreation of what happened 70 years ago and this included the boxheeds.

Only about 3 miles or so from Uppermill (just over the Saddleworth border) is a village called Lees.
During WW2 Lees had a big fuck off POW camp in a former cotton mill.
This wasn't a camp for good boxheeds it was a camp for bad ones and troublemakers, a British Straflager.
Inhabitants included the good old SS/SD, The Jorman Para's (what a surprise) and U-Boat crews etc plus all sorts of other Nazi nastiness.

Guess where most of these hoodlums decided to live after the war?
Yep, Lees.
My gran was convinced that our sweetshop man (Mr Engels) had been a Gestapo in his previous life and was constantly threatening to contact Simon Weisenthal but Oldham Police weren't interested.

I went to school with the kids of our very own little Berchtesgaden and some of their dads stories and photo albums seemed like something out of Sven Hassel.

Most of these blokes did very well post war and a lot of them ended up in the Saddleworth area.

More Nazis than Buenos Aires that fucking place has.

I was born in that neck of the woods and what I see doesn't really surprise me.
The organisers said something about it being a recreation of what happened 70 years ago and this included the boxheeds.

Only about 3 miles or so from Uppermill (just over the Saddleworth border) is a village called Lees.
During WW2 Lees had a big fuck off POW camp in a former cotton mill.
This wasn't a camp for good boxheeds it was a camp for bad ones and troublemakers, a British Straflager.
Inhabitants included the good old SS/SD, The Jorman Para's (what a surprise) and U-Boat crews etc plus all sorts of other Nazi nastiness.

Guess where most of these hoodlums decided to live after the war?
Yep, Lees.
My gran was convinced that our sweetshop man (Mr Engels) had been a Gestapo in his previous life and was constantly threatening to contact Simon Weisenthal but Oldham Police weren't interested.

I went to school with the kids of our very own little Berchtesgaden and some of their dads stories and photo albums seemed like something out of Sven Hassel.

Most of these blokes did very well post war and a lot of them ended up in the Saddleworth area.

More Nazis than Buenos Aires that fucking place has.
Hope they were'nt employed digging drainage trenches on Saddleworth moor.

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
Wot about all them cowboys dressing up! Eh, going round with big hats an' sixshooters. Really pisses of our red injuns!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Minxy The NAAFI Bar 8
Baghdad-Brit ARRSE: Site Issues 4
TopDogBeasley The Book Club 1