Builds It'll all end in tears but. . .

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I went in there and had a lightbulb moment with Smeggers wood grain effect tape, that would look good used to edge a glass display case. There you go, step in the right direction, I'll try that on my next glass case.

Seems a bit extreme, even if you are frustrated with it going wrong.
Prepare thyself for re-education, oh chalk-wielding one.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I meant an actual basics ie use snips to detach parts from the sprues, how to use PE, and all the other weird crap you lot do. I mean a figure one would be open box take out figure. snip parts from runners, sand any mould lines down prime and paint. But I understand you lot have things like injector holes and stuff.
I have a very old built Tamiya Cent in 1:35 that I could donate to the cause if you want to concentrate on just fettling and then painting?

I'll keep the twin electric motors though.....

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have a very old built Tamiya Cent in 1:35 that I could donate to the cause if you want to concentrate on just fettling and then painting?

I'll keep the twin electric motors though.....
Appreciate it, but I get to ruin a whole brand new expensive one this way

Appreciated, but I get to ruin a whole brand new one this way
Could I suggest you buy a cheap Airfix kit to ruin practice on first?

Nah go big or go home I say, It is, however, an excellent idea. I already have a back up idea should it go tits up
Oh no, no, no. You're not having mine!!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

giphy.gif

Just take your time, take it stage by stage, read the instructions carefully before each step, dry fit, and dry fit again until you know what you're doing before you commit to glue.

Did I mention that you're on your own now? ;)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Just take your time, take it stage by stage, read the instructions carefully before each step, dry fit, and dry fit again until you know what you're doing before you commit to glue.

Did I mention that you're on your own now? ;)
Have you ever noticed with dry fitting, that the minute you add glue it no longer fits?

Have you ever noticed with dry fitting, that the minute you add glue it no longer fits?
Mebbe aye, mebbe naw.

That's why use the extra thin cement, on the final dry-fitting you keep it all together and run that capillary action science around it. Just use a tiny amount in the strategic spots at first.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
As an aside and with the widely optimistic idea it might get finished and to the paint stage, any idea where I can get 1RTR decals?

I meant an actual basics ie use snips to detach parts from the sprues, how to use PE, and all the other weird crap you lot do. I mean a figure one would be open box take out figure. snip parts from runners, sand any mould lines down prime and paint. But I understand you lot have things like injector holes and stuff.

That would be very handy.

I’d like to know about smoothing parts after detaching.

Gluing techniques

Basic mistakes beginners make

When to prime and paint.

Just the real basics to get someone started, please don’t let it get cluttered with endless chat. In appreciate there’s a lot of good advice on here, but it’s difficult to find through all the clutter.

If you locked it so only a mod can post in it, it would probably work better. Contributors could submit articles to you, in much the same way as book reviews.

As an aside and with the widely optimistic idea it might get finished and to the paint stage, any idea where I can get 1RTR decals?
They're scousers mate, any decals were nicked as soon as the wagon reached the regiment.

Latest Threads