Builds It'll all end in tears but. . .

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Daz

LE
Have you still got your eye on the Tamiya 1/35th scale kit, it'll be typical Tamiya, low parts count, high quality fit of parts, right up your street. It will fall together and you'll be in danger of making another AFV kit, slippery slope, but as it's a special family one off project, you may have to order glass for it.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Have you still got your eye on the Tamiya 1/35th scale kit, it'll be typical Tamiya, low parts count, high quality fit of parts, right up your street. It will fall together and you'll be in danger of making another AFV kit, slippery slope, but as it's a special family one off project, you may have to order glass for it.
Going for this one mate
I may well be taking advice off you re glass and cases though

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Very helpful, and here are some items for your own fetish ;)
Picture one is a bit blurred, but I think the far left truck is a Karrier, then a Bedford MWD, & 2 Austin K9s
picture two, difficult but from the left, MWD, K9, Crossley Q 4x4, and again, QLD, not sure, CMP30.
Picture three, M3 scout car.

the TAC Sign is probably an Headquarters sign for a Royal Army Service Corps unit.(Red above Green). The white bar above the sign is a giveaway for an HQ unit. In this case it is a Corps HQ.

Picture one is a bit blurred, but I think the far left truck is a Karrier, then a Bedford MWD, & 2 Austin K9s

Fordson WOT 6 or 8 on the left, to the right of the MWD is an Austin K5 and a Bedford QL.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In addition to my post above, higher formations ie: Army Groups, Armies, Corps etc had a white bar appended to them to indicate a vehicle assigned to an HQ unit.
armofservicec.jpg

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well something doesn't add up then, 1RTR according to the history should not be in Egypt
I think I'll stick with my version. The shade looks far too dark to be yellow

Well something doesn't add up then, 1RTR according to the history should not be in Egypt
The RAC red/yellow tac board is on every RAC vehicle, no matter what theatre it was in. You’ve got the VRN for that Centurion, there’ll be some clever bugger who’ll tell you who had her and where.
As you know, with that B/W photo you can’t guarantee what colour the Cent is and as there’s no back ground no telling what location it was taken.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The RAC red/yellow tac board is on every RAC vehicle, no matter what theatre it was in. You’ve got the VRN for that Centurion, there’ll be some clever bugger who’ll tell you who had her and where.
As you know, with that B/W photo you can’t guarantee what colour the Cent is and as there’s no back ground no telling what location it was taken.
I know it is in Egypt because of all the photos of things like the pyramids etc in the same and other albums, and from what Dad has said previously.

Going for this one mate
I may well be taking advice off you re glass and cases though
excellent, just take your time on it, you have Dads, Si, Paderbourn and myself and all the other armour modellers to tip in with advice, when it comes to the glass case I'll be happy to take you through, measuring, ordering and assembling step by step. It'll end up as a family talking point. Especially if you include all the domestic details, cooking, sleeping....

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
excellent, just take your time on it, you have Dads, Si, Paderbourn and myself and all the other armour modellers to tip in with advice, when it comes to the glass case I'll be happy to take you through, measuring, ordering and assembling step by step. It'll end up as a family talking point. Especially if you include all the domestic details, cooking, sleeping....
What might be nice for me and others if one of you could do a back to basics SBS for models, ie stuff like sprue removal etc etc and I'll sticky it.

What might be nice for me and others if one of you could do a back to basics SBS for models, ie stuff like sprue removal etc etc and I'll sticky it.
I thought there was one there already.

I don't see one for basics there, is it tucked away? If you can pop a link I'll make it a sticky.
I'm probably wrong, sorry.

Latest Threads