Builds It'll all end in tears but. . .

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
T'other boozer we used was the Farriers Arms, ex Plumbers Arms in Pewsey. Frank "Taffy" Harris mine hoste. Topless barmaids, early 70's, out in the sticks.
I hear that's closed too.
Now a private house.

Not a bone question at all.

There are two schools of thought on the subject; some do, some don't.

The problem if you paint anything before assembly is you'll need to scrape paint off to give a surface for the glue to work, plus you'll need to clean off the mould pins and other imperfections, so it'll need repainting again after assembly. One thing you do want to do is paint the lower hull complete before fitting the tracks.

Some people paint sub-assemblies, such as the suspension packs, or the entire lower/upper hull/ turret.

And the trouble is, if you don't, you don't get full coverage.

Here you are @Helm an alternative camouflage scheme.
782203C1-4238-4DA4-A3EE-9FCE221E606B.jpeg
277E6D58-B1F2-4C9B-8C46-94DEE41F851F.jpeg
C31613A5-59B0-4C9C-865E-2C7CF37EBB53.jpeg

How are you getting on?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
How are you getting on?
Not started it yet, had some problems with my right hand, which have taken a while to sort. Hence nothing posted for a while. I plan on doing one of the cannons I got first as a warm up, probably start in August.

Not started it yet, had some problems with my right hand, which have taken a while to sort. Hence nothing posted for a while. I plan on doing one of the cannons I got first as a warm up, probably start in August.

that’s a pain. Hope all is OK now

Daz

LE
Me walt ;)

Not meaning to be contentious given my track record, but hows the hand and have you managed to get everything together for your build?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not meaning to be contentious given my track record, but hows the hand and have you managed to get everything together for your build?
Kit wise everything is in place, have been practicing with the hand which took longer to mend than planned, will be genuinely starting soon.

Kit wise everything is in place, have been practicing with the hand which took longer to mend than planned, will be genuinely starting soon.

Just having a bit of a read up. Mk 3 went into production in 1948. Not sure when the first deliveries were.

The first deliveries of the Mk 5 were in 1956, so the Mk 3 wasn't in service for very long before the Mk 5 came in. Quite a few mods were made to the Mk 5

Latest Threads