ITIL V3 Foundation

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by PrinceAlbert, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone done it?

I have my exam tomorrow. Read the book a few times. Do well in the questions, but once you've done them a few times you remember the answers.

2. msr

msr LE

No, but if you pass, please can you send me the book?

msr

3. I've already promised it to someone. Hoever, you do get a logon with the book so you can do it online.

Will PM you the details.

4. I would also be keen to do it,

Can you recommend the book?

5. I have ordered one just now

Does anyone have a reccommendation for a similar book for the vista mcp exam?

6. msr

msr LE

I would not bother with Vista MCP. Almost no-one uses it and most will move straight to Windows 7.

msr

7. Agreed.

8. Yup, most of industry is still on XP SP3 and will prob make the move to Windows 7 once stable by passing Vista. Even the Microsoft people I know don't like\slate\state the flaws in Vista!

9. did the 3day course through work(gawd bleess the en aitch ess!)
    very dry material i found, but once you can think their way its a piece of piss
    i got 34 correct; over 26 is a pass, well chuffed i was

currently using CBT Nuggets and TestOut for the mcp exams
    would agree regarding the vista mcp's, you can still use xp for your MCSA/E
    and most organisations still using xp till win7 is stable

if anyone wants copies i can burn the iso's to DVD & post out
    (small donation to H4H of course :twisted: ), PM if you want them

just found that the MCSA i completed counts for 25% of an OU foundation degree(computing and its practise)
    so i guess i'll be starting that come october :D

neb

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

prince albert, how much is the exam costing you do you mind if I ask?

11. The exam is £100 + VAT, so £115 all in.

12. Just finished the exam half an hour ago following the 3 day course thanks to my employer. Did v2 to Practitioner level a few years back and will probably take a few of the more advanced v3 modules. Like most things the questions are easy if you know the material and having experience in an ITIL aligned organisation makes a world of difference.

13. MSR, if you're happy to PM me your details I'll send you the book and course material I was issued with. Assuming you're in the UK obviously.

14. Exam was supposed to be an hour, in and out in 20 mins, and passed. No dramas.

Unsure of what % as it just said "pass". That'll do for me.