ITIL V3 Foundation

P

PrinceAlbert

Has anyone done it?

I have my exam tomorrow. Read the book a few times. Do well in the questions, but once you've done them a few times you remember the answers.

No, but if you pass, please can you send me the book?

msr

P

PrinceAlbert

msr said:
No, but if you pass, please can you send me the book?

msr
I've already promised it to someone. Hoever, you do get a logon with the book so you can do it online.

Will PM you the details.

I would not bother with Vista MCP. Almost no-one uses it and most will move straight to Windows 7.

msr

Yup, most of industry is still on XP SP3 and will prob make the move to Windows 7 once stable by passing Vista. Even the Microsoft people I know don't like\slate\state the flaws in Vista!

PrinceAlbert said:
Has anyone done it?

I have my exam tomorrow. Read the book a few times. Do well in the questions, but once you've done them a few times you remember the answers.
did the 3day course through work(gawd bleess the en aitch ess!)
very dry material i found, but once you can think their way its a piece of piss
i got 34 correct; over 26 is a pass, well chuffed i was

currently using CBT Nuggets and TestOut for the mcp exams
would agree regarding the vista mcp's, you can still use xp for your MCSA/E
and most organisations still using xp till win7 is stable

if anyone wants copies i can burn the iso's to DVD & post out
(small donation to H4H of course :twisted: ), PM if you want them

just found that the MCSA i completed counts for 25% of an OU foundation degree(computing and its practise)
so i guess i'll be starting that come october :D

neb

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
prince albert, how much is the exam costing you do you mind if I ask?

Just finished the exam half an hour ago following the 3 day course thanks to my employer. Did v2 to Practitioner level a few years back and will probably take a few of the more advanced v3 modules. Like most things the questions are easy if you know the material and having experience in an ITIL aligned organisation makes a world of difference.

P

PrinceAlbert

Exam was supposed to be an hour, in and out in 20 mins, and passed. No dramas.

Unsure of what % as it just said "pass". That'll do for me.

p.s. Us Bill Oddies can do ITIL v.3 foundation thru the defence learning portal.

Victorian_Major said:
Doing ISO/IEC 20000 next week just to keep all the ITIL bluffers at arm's length... :D
Privately, or via a mil course?

msr

You can also do ITIL v3 Foundation at DCCIS Blandford. Can't remember the DII URL for DCCIS but it's in their course book and you can book it online I think.