Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

ITC Catterick - Thread for those joining in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like its taking forever, you know when you're eager to get stuck in but you waiting for your start date zzz hopefully will come soon

Ahhh Grenadiers mate local Guards reg for where I’m from. Just waiting for my final offer to come through security vetting is taking it’s sweet time
Nice one. How long have you been waiting? Mine came through pretty quickly I was supposed to go in September but cracked my ribs 2 weeks before leaving so had to delay for 2 months

Nice one. How long have you been waiting? Mine came through pretty quickly I was supposed to go in September but cracked my ribs 2 weeks before leaving so had to delay for 2 months
Got a four year deferral in April 2013 for asthma so I’ve basicallt waited 5 years to go again, applied in February and took a 3 month fitness diary and jumping through whatever hoops they put in front of me just to earn a selection date so a fair while mate all in all this application has taken just over 7 months

Got a four year deferral in April 2013 for asthma so I’ve basicallt waited 5 years to go again, applied in February and took a 3 month fitness diary and jumping through whatever hoops they put in front of me just to earn a selection date so a fair while mate all in all this application has taken just over 7 months
That’s shit that at least your in now. Mine has been a year but that’s my own fault for changing my mind all the time and getting injured I think I could have been in after 5 months. How’s the fitness? I haven’t been able to do anything for 2 months only just getting back into it

Fitness isn’t too bad, bearing in mind in February I couldn’t run 1.5 miles start to finish and was 14 st 2 lbs, I managed my 1.5 mile run in 11.20 and got the maximum score on the jerry cans and power bag lift, and have managed to get my weight down to 12 st 4 lbs. I still need to improve my running to get to the 10.30 PFA time, but I’m sure Catterick will whip me into shape pretty quick. Just get back into it progressively mate last thing you wanna do is injure yourself and have to wait even longer. Next intake after ours isn’t until January

Fitness isn’t too bad, bearing in mind in February I couldn’t run 1.5 miles start to finish and was 14 st 2 lbs, I managed my 1.5 mile run in 11.20 and got the maximum score on the jerry cans and power bag lift, and have managed to get my weight down to 12 st 4 lbs. I still need to improve my running to get to the 10.30 PFA time, but I’m sure Catterick will whip me into shape pretty quick. Just get back into it progressively mate last thing you wanna do is injure yourself and have to wait even longer. Next intake after ours isn’t until January
That’s good going that. Not timed my 1.5 since I was in catterick in June don’t know if you have been there but the 1.5 course is a bit of a bitch a lot worse than the assessment centre

Nah I’ve never been but I’ve heard there’s a bastard of a hill on the course. Chances are I probably wouldn’t make it round in time at Catterick but I’ll find out once I’m there

Nah I’ve never been but I’ve heard there’s a bastard of a hill on the course. Chances are I probably wouldn’t make it round in time at Catterick but I’ll find out once I’m there
I thought the same mate but you’ll do better than you think you can when your there not wanting to do shit in front of everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.