ITC Catterick - Sticky thread for those starting recruit training in 2019

May 5th confirmed as start date.

Having passed everything up until now. I have been sent the security watchdog before intake pre-employment checks.

I have a conviction which i am sure is now spent. I have spoken to my local recruiting centre and they said be brief and only write relevant issues. I believe my conviction for that to be the only thing I have other than cautions and so on from years back. I am employed now in a big organization they have no issues regarding the conviction. What are the odds in the army picking issue with this and postponing my intake just a strange time to do these checks having passed all the stuff previous.

I have been assured it wont affect my date for intake or my job offer. But I think it could but maybe that is me just overthinking it all.

Jake00uk

Swinger
Having passed everything up until now. I have been sent the security watchdog before intake pre-employment checks.

I have a conviction which i am sure is now spent. I have spoken to my local recruiting centre and they said be brief and only write relevant issues. I believe my conviction for that to be the only thing I have other than cautions and so on from years back. I am employed now in a big organization they have no issues regarding the conviction. What are the odds in the army picking issue with this and postponing my intake just a strange time to do these checks having passed all the stuff previous.

I have been assured it wont affect my date for intake or my job offer. But I think it could but maybe that is me just overthinking it all.
Don't worry about it I got an email the other day for a spent one saying I needed to send mine off as watchdog security had contacted them ect I emailed it over and within minutes was told not to worry about anything and to look forward to my start date

If something was going to have a effect on your intake it would of probably been picked up before now

Good luck to all of you.

As someone who joined up in 1980 .

Walked into the recruiting office, did a test , passed and the Sgt said . Well you had a very high score which part of the Army do you want to serve with?

Week later went to see a Dr , he did , as I now know a very basic medical check up and felt my balls saying " Take a deep breath" He did not really need to say that as nobody had ever felt my balls before. Apart from me .

Few weeks later a letter arrived saying you have been selected to...

This is what you need and here is a travel warrant for a train ticket up to Harrogate. You go next week.

amnesia

Old-Salt

You were asked about, and would have been asked to declare any convictions right at the start of your application.

It would be at this point when a decision would have been made about your suitability to join.

If your conviction wasnt spent you would have been rejected.

The Security Watchdog form doesnt ask about convictions.

You were asked about, and would have been asked to declare any convictions right at the start of your application.

It would be at this point when a decision would have been made about your suitability to join.

If your conviction wasnt spent you would have been rejected.

The Security Watchdog form doesnt ask about convictions.
-It was just the PRE-employment checks was worrying about nothing really. A DBS and basic stuff really.-

But I have now been called by the office in my city, t go to a post assessment nurturing event. Literally never heard of this sounds interesting think they get the kit out. What is expected on phase 1, just curious anyone got any more info on this so that's the 20th of this month.

Mattjw93

Swinger
I’ve got my intake date for 28th April (mercians) - does any one know how long until my pre employment checks come back? Passed selection Thursday 8th March (5 days ago)

L.P.M.

Crow
Hello, I have my start date for May 5th and am wondering about preparing for phys. With regards to the new fitness tests being introduced, does anyone know how this will affect recruits at ITC or will we be sticking to the old PFA?

Mattjw93

Swinger
How long did you chaps have to wait for a date for ADSC once your med docs were reviewed? Do you get told then and there over the phone once you’ve had the talk with the GP?
I never had a talk with a GP? They just send your docs to the NRC and then your recruiter will call you with a date as soon as they have all the info

Whitey24

Swinger
Just got a call from the NRC to say my medical documents arrived and they only got sent from my GP yesterday!

Shouldn’t be much longer now for a selection date. Buzzing!

Latest Threads