ITC Catterick - Sticky thread for those starting recruit training in 2019

Shakebody

Swinger
For line infantry (not Guards or Para) it varies, for example July and August had one intake, September had two, October & November one, and January two. Feb & March have one.

Guards have an intake every two months, as do Para (except in September when they have two).
Thanks.... I really appreciate the information..

danielwayne

Swinger
For line infantry (not Guards or Para) it varies, for example July and August had one intake, September had two, October & November one, and January two. Feb & March have one.

Guards have an intake every two months, as do Para (except in September when they have two).
What about the time lapse between a successful going to the AC and the start of Phase 1 (line infantry)? One month? Two?

amnesia

Old-Salt
What about the time lapse between a successful going to the AC and the start of Phase 1 (line infantry)? One month? Two?
The truth is, it depends, and may depend on what regiment / Division you choose.

There is no set time scale, at the moment. We had a guy pass AC this week and he has to wait until March to join the Rifles. Alternatively, I know Scots, Welsh & Irish regiments have had a few vacancies, so your wait time for one of these could be less.

In theory there is nothing to stop you staring Basic within a week of passing AC, the problem lies with what spaces are available, and when.

Can anyone please give me any ifo on the ITC passout. My son passes out 29th November so im trying to book flights..... any info on timings / is it all day etc... would be amazing - thank you and well done everyone

Does anyone know when the next paras intake is? I have prac on monday the 11 just wondering if theres any possible chance of me entering phase 1 this year?

amnesia

Old-Salt
Does anyone know when the next paras intake is? I have prac on monday the 11 just wondering if theres any possible chance of me entering phase 1 this year?
No, there is no chance of you staring Para training this year.

I dont have the dates for next years intakes in front of me, but I can let you have them tomorrow.

Next intake is Feb according to my AFCO. My PRAC is on 20th Jan so I’m getting a bit itchy just sitting around waiting for it too.

Good luck in your PRAC mate, make sure your legs are strong!

Latest Threads