ITC Catterick sticky - 2016 start dates

The_Duke

LE
A new sticky thread for those hoping to undertake Infantry recruit training at ITC Catterick during 2016.

The rules:

1. Think before you post - No personal details, no times of trains etc. Absolutely no FB links.

2. No such thing as a stupid question, but please make sure you use the search engine before you ask. The 2015 sticky will stay open until the end of January, and is worth searching for answers.

3. Keep it civil. For the "old and bold", if you can't help with accurate and current information, then head over to the NAAFI to play.

Rathy

Crow
Just waiting for my start date for phase 1 I'm well prepared and can't wait but I need a little information for my fiancée about weekends off, visits etc.

Obviously ide like to see her and my family as much as possible but a rough idea would be good just to give them a bit piece of mind.

NLF94

Crow
Leave on 7th Feb - Joining Rifles be good to know if anyone else is heading up that day too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rifle101

Old-Salt
On week 21, Currently on Christmas leave and I'm bored so ask away if you're wondering what training is like

nice one mate, what was your fitness like going into phase one? Distance, Run times etc. And how long did it take for you to settle in once you got to catterick. And finally are you enjoying yourself? Cheers

Rifle101

Old-Salt
nice one mate, what was your fitness like going into phase one? Distance, Run times etc. And how long did it take for you to settle in once you got to catterick. And finally are you enjoying yourself? Cheers
My fitness was one of the best, I went in with a run time of sub 8 minutes. I still thought at times the phys was hard, it's cause they push you so that everyone feels the benefits. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, as long as you give it 100%, you'll be fine. This lad was extremely fit and the staff knew it, but he used to stroll at the back not even breaking a sweat, while the unfitter lads were at the front grafting their tits off! He got put on a section commanders warning for it.
Training is pretty much what I expected, more mentally challenging than anything, specially during the exercises and the 1st 7 weeks. I settled in quickly, great bunch of lads

RIrish_bound

Swinger
My fitness was one of the best, I went in with a run time of sub 8 minutes. I still thought at times the phys was hard, it's cause they push you so that everyone feels the benefits. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, as long as you give it 100%, you'll be fine. This lad was extremely fit and the staff knew it, but he used to stroll at the back not even breaking a sweat, while the unfitter lads were at the front grafting their tits off! He got put on a section commanders warning for it.
Training is pretty much what I expected, more mentally challenging than anything, specially during the exercises and the 1st 7 weeks. I settled in quickly, great bunch of lads
How was it on the knees? I picked up a knock last week at football and have 8 weeks before my start date and worried about it being fully healed or it reoccurring and getting medically discharged.

Rifle101

Old-Salt
How was it on the knees? I picked up a knock last week at football and have 8 weeks before my start date and worried about it being fully healed or it reoccurring and getting medically discharged.
It's high impact and your knees take a bashing, specially on exercise when you got full kit and all you hear is 'take a knee' lots of lads go to waterloo because of it. 8 weeks Is a while yet so you might be ok. My advice would be buy some fitted insoles for boots and trainers, to absorb shock and take it easy. If you turn up with a dodgy knee, I'd doubt you'll get discharged but you will most definitely go Waterloo and do rehab.

RIrish_bound

Swinger
Yeah I'll definitely be looking into getting some good insoles anything to make it that little bit easier on the feet and knees :)

Was thinking of giving up the football now before I go do some swimming or something wit less impact on the body. What kind of training did you do before starting, anything that you thought really helped or anything that didn't make much of a difference?

Rifle101

Old-Salt
Yeah I'll definitely be looking into getting some good insoles anything to make it that little bit easier on the feet and knees :)

Was thinking of giving up the football now before I go do some swimming or something wit less impact on the body. What kind of training did you do before starting, anything that you thought really helped or anything that didn't make much of a difference?
While your knees are recovering, build some muscle memory and do upper body, lot's of pull ups, sit ups and press ups. Also, join the gym and use the low impact machines such as the cross trainer and bike

Hello lads,

I got adsc next week and I'm expecting to get an A or B grade.

I'm hoping to get the 7th Feb intake, does anyone know if that intake is full or not?

Cheers

RIrish_bound

Swinger
While your knees are recovering, build some muscle memory and do upper body, lot's of pull ups, sit ups and press ups. Also, join the gym and use the low impact machines such as the cross trainer and bike
Cheers for the info mate, cant wait to get there and start training Christmas has dragged hopefully the next 7 weeks wont.

RIrish_bound

Swinger
What extra stuff would you really recommend to being that's not on the list? And is there anything that we should really prepare for? Cheers
Check the MY LIST FOR BASIC thread a guy that has just finished basic posted a detailed list there its pretty handy mate.

Latest Threads