ITC Catterick sticky - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stilk waiting on my CTC from the PEC team, I'm scheduled to go in 5 weeks and still ain't got it to send off. Anyone know how long it usually takes? I already did a check up at selection but it wont be on the same scale as a CTC

there is a different list for Pirbright recruits, which is more comprehensive. I have been advised to get the stuff from that list also.

RHQ_SCOTS

Clanker
Been having a read of the kit list sent with the joining instructions, no mention of polish or anything to polish boots with which is odd. Do we get that at Catterick or has it been missed off the list? Anyone that's there or been recently can enlighten me?

I would advise taking your own as it never hurts to have a set! Bear in mind if you don't that everyone will probably be attempting to get them from the same shop and you won't know how much stock they will have.

Also if you do buy brushes and polish, remember that it will most likely be brown boots that you will be issued now and not black!

If you read the pirbright (go to pre-arrival information on Army website) list it tells you to take 1x black, 1x parade gloss and 2x mid tan, all kiwi of course. Also to take two brushes and a sylvette.

RHQ_SCOTS

Clanker
If you read the pirbright (go to pre-arrival information on Army website) list it tells you to take 1x black, 1x parade gloss and 2x mid tan, all kiwi of course. Also to take two brushes and a sylvette.

The black and parade gloss would of course be for your NO2 Dress shoes / boots

CHorsey91

Clanker
Anyone for Duke of Lancs, 21st June?

I say so. All the dates seem to be a sunday. Probably because monday is the days everyone works and sunday could be the day to settle everyone inti their accommodation s and all.

MrWils9n

Clanker
Yeah catterick mate. Been waiting a while. Isit normal to start training on a sunday?
We don't start the actual training on the sunday do we? Think its just being shown around the barracks n what not..

Don't quite understand how training works, does each regiment train separately? Or do we all train together?

We don't start the actual training on the sunday do we? Think its just being shown around the barracks n what not..

Don't quite understand how training works, does each regiment train separately? Or do we all train together?

You train in "divisions"; Kings div, Queens div, SCOTS div, guards etc (no idea which unit is what... Think YORKS are Kings div and Mercians Queens div as an example?)

Sunday evening is generally spent filling out paperwork and being allocated a room based on your section, squaring stuff away prior to actual locker layouts etc.

RHQ_SCOTS

Clanker
As Glasgow Jock has alluded to the Sunday is your day to travel and arrive. This is when you will be given your intro briefings, meet your Platoon Staff and get settled into your accomodation to be ready to start Monday morning. This also allows any fudge factor for late travel, delayed trains etc.

When it comes to Phase 1 training Platoons it is entirely dependant on numbers at the time. All Infantry Phase 1 and 2 training is structured exactly the same way and this in turn allows SCOTS Div, Kings Div, Queens etc to all mingle together if necessary. Usually they will try to have a SCOTS Platoon, Kings Platoon etc it can not always be done that way and you may find yourself in a Platoon with a mixture of any of these capbadges.

Try not to worry though, regardless of what Platoon you end up in and who your Platoon staff are you will still be trained to the same standard.

MrWils9n

Clanker
As Glasgow Jock has alluded to the Sunday is your day to travel and arrive. This is when you will be given your intro briefings, meet your Platoon Staff and get settled into your accomodation to be ready to start Monday morning. This also allows any fudge factor for late travel, delayed trains etc.

When it comes to Phase 1 training Platoons it is entirely dependant on numbers at the time. All Infantry Phase 1 and 2 training is structured exactly the same way and this in turn allows SCOTS Div, Kings Div, Queens etc to all mingle together if necessary. Usually they will try to have a SCOTS Platoon, Kings Platoon etc it can not always be done that way and you may find yourself in a Platoon with a mixture of any of these capbadges.

Try not to worry though, regardless of what Platoon you end up in and who your Platoon staff are you will still be trained to the same standard.
Ah ok! Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads