ITC Catterick regiment transfer

Hello all... wasnt sure if this was the right thread or not but couldnt find another so ill just post on here and hope for the best!

So as of the sunday just gone I've started my basic training for the guards at ITC Catterick. Although joining the guards my main goal has always been to join the paras and I only started training with the guards due to the fast availability to begin training as I have a struggling situation at home.

I understand its possible to transfer between infantry units but is it possible to transfer from the guards to paras? And if so how early should I apply to do this? When i went to the assesment centre i was just under the bleep test score to start my training for paras. It was go for guards or wait 2 months. I know i can hit the bleep test score to start my training for the paras but I worry they'll reject me because I failed to hit it at the assesment centre
All help is graciously appreciated

Hello all... wasnt sure if this was the right thread or not but couldnt find another so ill just post on here and hope for the best!

So as of the sunday just gone I've started my basic training for the guards at ITC Catterick. Although joining the guards my main goal has always been to join the paras and I only started training with the guards due to the fast availability to begin training as I have a struggling situation at home.

I understand its possible to transfer between infantry units but is it possible to transfer from the guards to paras? And if so how early should I apply to do this? When i went to the assesment centre i was just under the bleep test score to start my training for paras. It was go for guards or wait 2 months. I know i can hit the bleep test score to start my training for the paras but I worry they'll reject me because I failed to hit it at the assesment centre
All help is graciously appreciated
The Guards have a platoon in 3 Para. Why don't you finish training, get to a battalion, work on your fitness and do All Arms P Company with a view to joining Guards Platoon 3 Para. You would also have the support of the Guards Chain of Command as you would still be in a Guards unit.

Now that you are in basic training with the Guards, it wont be a good idea to tell them you want to go to the Parachute Regiment. They will not be very happy bunnies.

The Guards have a platoon in 3 Para. Why don't you finish training, get to a battalion, work on your fitness and do All Arms P Company with a view to joining Guards Platoon 3 Para. You would also have the support of the Guards Chain of Command as you would still be in a Guards unit.

Now that you are in basic training with the Guards, it wont be a good idea to tell them you want to go to the Parachute Regiment. They will not be very happy bunnies.
Thanks for the feedback I'll take this into consideration. I was aware of the guard platoon attached to the paras but wasnt sure whether you could progress any further through them e.g sfsg or special forces. Thanks for the feedback!

WhiskeyTango

Old-Salt
You'll struggle to change capbadge once you're out of ITC. It is tremendously difficult, especially for a new bloke.

You'll struggle to change to para reg at ITC but it's certainly easier.

Your best option is to speak to your chain of command, inform them of your desire to change. You need to be sincere and also demonstrate you're fit enough.

Latest Threads