ITC Catterick (Phase 1b/2)

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by magicgrotter, Mar 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi any help would be welcomed.

I'm shortly off to ITC(c) to commence phase 1b or 2 of my infantry training.

Has anybody any idea of the programme that will be awaiting?

2. Thats a big question........ You will be joining Anzio Coy in Helles Bks to continue your training. Its a short course to bring you up to the level of Infantry training that all the other Adult Recruits have done here.. I'm part of the training team at ITC although I am not really involved with the Short courses just the full ones but if you have any questions I will do my best to give you the correct answer if I do not know it I will find out for you.
    Coops

3. Thats great. Appreciate it.

Just wondering really what skills shall be focused on the CIC as you know is 2 weeks long, i did my CBRN,Weapons Handling, BCDT and Map Reading tests within my weekends training. Are these revisited?

I'm mainly concentrating on keeping my fitness up to be honest as i get the impression that fitness and field work shall be the main focus points?

4. Ranges, Fieldcraft and Fitness is the priority......... You will be fine.

5. Nice one, cheers.

Hope so, fighting a losing battle with age so i reckon it's last chance saloon!

6. msr

msr LE

You are the curator of the museum. Stop bigging yourself up.

msr

7. Are you on the April cadre? That's the one I am on.
    I was last on CIC in November, before I became injured.

If theres any advice I think you might want to hear it's stick with it.
    It's not bollock explodingly hard and grueling, but it's no walk in the park either. They will try to demoralise you for the first few days and get rid of you early - the 4 mile CFT at the start was a ballbreaker, early reveille, plenty of shouting. I think the main thing to understand is that they don't give a **** about STABs up there and it shows. Just don't give them any reason to beast or shout at you - do what they say and you can't go far wrong.

It calmed down after about 4 days, (about the time I got RTU'd) and people have told me after those first few days it was simmered right down and was okay - Although it seems one of the two platoons was treated more like shit than the other.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's definatley one of those 'get it out of the way' courses. Work on your fitness and you will struggle a little less.
    Take plenty of snacks! I always don't bother carrying an extra bag full of snacks but then I regret it within 10 minutes of being there - It's always nice to find some chuddy or a spare Tunnock's in your smock pocket :)

8. Thanks mate.

Yes end of April, was due on the March one but were it for a paperwork error.

I'm looking forward to it with nervous apprehension. Just want to be as prepared as possible.

Beasting and shouting doesn't worry me to be honest. The staff obviously have a job to do and i respect that.

Not sure about the early mornings though... do they bring you a cuppa in bed? :wink: