ITC Catterick Chat and Queries - ARCHIVE

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by booch1988, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wwell got my basic cpoming up on the 27th of this month all my hit is ready, i was just hoping there was anybody starting on this date too. Im hoping by this post i can get some tips and if anyone needs any tips ( not stupid questions that can be answered by your afco) dont hesitate to leave a messege or pm me.

thanks

booch1988

2. sorry for the spelling mistakes at the beginning, should of ran over it and checked......

3. hi mate passed selection yesterday a bloke there phoned his recruiter straight afterwards and he said hed try and get him on that intake.

i wont be going catterick untill september time as i want to stay around for my daughters 1st birthday. but good luck mate its gonna be f**** hard but stick at it

4. any1 for cic on august 10th, going for 1 royal irish ???

5. Im goin for royal irish an they told me after selection i was goin on 10th of august but i havent got it in writing yet, hope it comes soon.

6. woo im starting 27th of july and just done the oath and got my joining paperwork/instructions.

seemed like a good day until i lose my phone on the train, and missed my connecting train home and ended up stranded for an hour in the middle bl00dy nowhere.

7. im going to catterick on the 10th of august

8. Same, 1 Royal Irish.

9. September here.

10. hi im going for basic on the 27th of july 08.
    basically i have been told that there is a medical that you need to pass. I am wondering what is the requirements at this medical and if you fail what will happen.
    thanks booch1988

if anyone is starting 27th pm me or leave a post .........

11. Hello mate, reference your medical it will be more of the same of what you had at ADSC but with a few injections and a blood test thrown in.

I really wouldn't loose any sleep over it unless you inject yourself with heroin the day before you go to ITC.

W-60

12. Hello mate, reference your medical it will be more of the same of what you had at ADSC but with a few injections and a blood test thrown in.

I really wouldn't loose any sleep over it unless you inject yourself with heroin the day before you go to ITC.

W-60[/quote]

thanks for the info, basically someone said you have to do so many press ups in a set time is this true , Will they pick up anabolic steriods ...hahaha only joking.

13. thanks for the info, basically someone said you have to do so many press ups in a set time is this true , Will they pick up anabolic steriods ...hahaha only joking.[/quote]

I'd imagine they'd pick anything up in the blood tests.

Reference pressups and situps thats part of your PFT (or personal fitness test) you will do this in the first week and it will consist of a mile and a half run like you did at ADSC, and you will do as many pressups and situps as you can in 2 minutes.

You may do things like a static lift and jerry can walk in your first week or that may come around week 6 or 12 I can't quite remember.

14. but what im saying is if i do say 30 press ups in 2 mins will they defer me or is it just to asses ur fitness for your fitness plan?

15. They want to see potential to improve, so don't biff it and stick bags of effort into all the tests. If they see that then they'll give you a colour code i.e

Green - Good to go with phys

Amber - Needs Improvment but can continue with training

Red - Remedial PT/possible posting to a platoon that gets your phys up to scratch before starting training

At the end of 26 weeks you'll be good enough at press-ups to complete the required amount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.