ITC (C) Gone crazy

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by daywalker, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I'm doing a stint at catterick and as of lately i have noticed that the place appears to be going down the pan, if it isn't people trying to ban the use of OG daysacks its the money getting wasted on issuing recruits Nintendo DS's to practice driver theory on. Has anyone noticed this or is it just me? Oh and whilst i'm mid flow why are we only teaching 3 weapon systems these days?!

Rant over

2. 3 weapon systems being pistol, rifle and GPMG ?
    Does the 60mm mortar get taught or is it only taught in btn.

3. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Rifle, LMG and UGL (Which only got introduced about 6 months ago)

4. ive been outta the whole training thing a while, i came on here expecting to see a typical "wasnt like this in my day" but from what ive read it seems your concerns are justified!

are they now relying on these crucial skills being learnt in phase 3? sounds like even basic training isnt meeting the basic requirement

5. msr

msr LE

It's not just ITC(C) we were told we cannot wear the new t-shirt in green or sand anymore, has to be the brown one - which most don't have...

6. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I think they rely on PDT to teach these things which i think is completely wrong, i have brought up these concerns with relevent departments and was told to basically to get my head down!!!!

And as far as passing out soldiers ready for ops i'd have to say that i disagree as i don't think they are when they leave here.

7. And as far as passing out soldiers ready for ops i'd have to say that i disagree as i don't think they are when they leave here.[/QUOTE]

Great :(

8. They are

9. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

what ?????????

10. your not alone!!! i didnt want to say anything incase i looked stupid!

11. msr

msr LE

It's to make his post long enough to post. You need 10 characters.

12. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

You really think that ?

13. my line of thought was PDT was there to bring personel up to date on current threats and tactics for the deployment they are about to go on! personel in the infantry shouldnt be learning about wepon systems! especially GPMG!!!!!

14. It is recognised that there is too much to fit into the old PDT, hence the change to Mission Specfic Training that lasts 6-12 months. LAND has just issued some guidance on the levels of training required before deplyment as it was accepted that the demands of fighting in Afghanistan were not met at Phase 2 Infantry - there is simply not the time.
    Ref the weapon systems, only core systems will be taught outside of MST - as yet GMG, HMG and others are still in the UOR system. Suprised no GPMG is being taught - been around for long enough!

15. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I understand that GMG/HMG aren't taught, but what about 66,LASM,claymore,ILAW??? In the armoury there are 260 LLM's that are not allowed to be issued and even if they would issue them there are no hand guards to fit them onto weapons or NVG's to use with them with. To much time is also being wasted with the Padre sorting out their spiritual training rather than more useful stuff like more field firing etc, in my honest opinion we are passing out un trained soldiers sh*t bust.