• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

ITC Broke Down

Just want to see if this is pretty much all the things that cover ITC, anybody see any missing? or stuff that is not done anymore? Also added some questions.

Im going 2 weeks earlier so if anybody knows anything about the catch up course please share it with me

Week 1:-
Move Into Room
Have Medical ( Is this the same as ADSC or more stuff involved? )
Get Clothing and Kit
Learn basic personal admin
Breifed on finance, admin and paperwork

Week 2:-
First overnight exercise
Intro to PT
Intro to Rifle
Military skills training: fieldcraft, map reading, foot drill

Week 3/4:-
Rifle lessons
CBRN Training
Into field exercise
Parents day (week 4)

Week 5/6:-
Live rifle firing
Into to LMG
Signals training
Field exercise
Foot drill practice & test ( if failed do you have to stay behind when everybody else gets a weekend leave? )

Week 7/8:-
Into to grenade
Signals, map reading, first aid
Field excercise - revise and confirm fieldcraft

Week 9/10:-
Battle fitness: loaded march 4 and 5 miles
Live rifle firing to 300m and 400m
Security lessons (?)

Week 11:-
Adventure training in lancaster: hill walking, kayaking, climbing,caving. Encourages teamwork and self confidence.

Week 12/13:-
Live rifle firing up to 400m
Annual personal weapons test
Tactical field exercise - fieldraft revision and testing
Team and section attacks (?)

Week 14/15/16:-
Urban skills exercise(?)
LMG Shooting competition
Tactical field exercise - patrolling, reconnaissance and ambushes

Week 17/18:-
Obstacle course
Loaded march - 6miles
Drill
Fieldcraft test exercise

Weekend Leave

Week 19/20:-
Tactical defensive field exercise
Two mile fire team assessment(?)
Bayonet fighting
Drill
Loaded march - 6miles

Week 21/22:-
Loaded march - 7miles
Realities of war tour to typres or normandy
Steeplechase competition
Combat fitness test

Week 23:-
Final exercise at Garelochead or Otterburn - putting into practice all fieldcraft skills learned during course

Week 24:-
Live firing training test(LFTT) - putting into practice all live and field firing skills learned during course

Week 25/26:-
Loaded march
Final admin of kit and preparing to move to unit
Final medical and documentation
Pass out parade(final day)

Two weeks paid leave (this comes at some point in your course not always at the end(?).

Any bits that not done on there anymore? or any extras?? cheers guys.

On week 19/20 you missed out lose sense of humour.

vampireuk said:
On week 19/20 you missed out lose sense of humour.
Thats because it happens throughout.

All of that is broken up into very long and hard arduous weeks of training, your papers state these lessons as a rough guide but in reality you,ll be hitting the road every day from week 1. you will start out with a four mile march then by the end of the week its six miles then 7 then 8 and as the days go on the weight increases rapidly so when you get used to carrying 30lb in the next 2 days its 45lb and a longer distance.

Sense of humour does disappear and the training can put a strain on your mentality and turn you a bit grumpy at times but thats exactly why you joined.

AndyWD said:
All of that is broken up into very long and hard arduous weeks of training, your papers state these lessons as a rough guide but in reality you,ll be hitting the road every day from week 1. you will start out with a four mile march then by the end of the week its six miles then 7 then 8 and as the days go on the weight increases rapidly so when you get used to carrying 30lb in the next 2 days its 45lb and a longer distance.

Sense of humour does disappear and the training can put a strain on your mentality and turn you a bit grumpy at times but thats exactly why you joined.
cudnt have said it any better, that is exactly why you joined...

This is all wrong, its 26 weeks of learning table manners for tea parties...surely?? That's what I did on my CIC 8O I left at week 22 because i accidently dropped my saucer, and said "sh1t,F^ck,C*unt!" instead of "oh my deary me, mary poppins would you please pass the dustpan and brush for me deary"

adamb said:
May sound like a stupid question but its a serious one lol.

During ITC do you pay for your own brekky,dinner,tea?
this is a good point...other ph2s are PAYD, so what's score with CIC?