itb strensall

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by vidal, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. evening all going back a few years but anyone remember doing there cic at strensall also can someone tell me when they stopped training there cheers all
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

'93 I think - same time as ITC Catterick opened
  3. Also ITC Ouston closed i believe in 1994. I passed out from there in march 94. Not long after it closed down or sorry i think it was made into an artillery barracks??? Not 100 per vent mind you!
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I did an element of my TA CIC at strensall in early 97. I think was there for three days in the first week...
  5. fond memories of crashing through thick ice and the 'manhattan mud run' at itb strensall in feb 04
  6. 39 Regt RA in there now I believe

7. the war office opened itb strensall in 1884
    i was in imjim platoon the very last platoon to pass out from itb strensall on the 2nd june 1995, the camp was officially closed 3 days later to infantry training... i think its now used for training medics, TA , cadets etc.....
  8. I was there late 94 - early 95, fond memories of endless mud on the runs and bayonet training, and spending several hours in the nick too :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Think I was billeted in the same original accommodation! 40 guys in a wriggly tin hut with someone passing around flu in a bitter November cadre Nice-Not. Still if u don't have sense of humour you shouldn't join. Believe it was the Missippi Mud run.