• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Italy win the world cup

Wondered how long that would take to show up!

Well done to them, they were the best side.

As an aside, if Zinedine Zidane is bored in the future my Rugby Team would be glad to sign him on. Such head butting skills are only an asset at Blind-Side Flanker.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We have just spent a month watching players fall over at the slightest of winds as an opposing player went past them. The 'offended' player then acts as though he has just been poleaxed by Cassius Clay or Mohammed Ali, before getting up and carrying on.

Tonight Zidane downed an Eyetie good style and yet the guy springs back up. :cry: WTF is that all about :?

Good game spoiled but hey, this is the World Cup.

Italians deserved to win. Crap attempt at a headbutt from Zidane, no points for targetting - and it was nice to see the French manager have a full blown temper tantrum and all the French supporters have a crap night out.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
sweatysock said:
On the down side. now the world cups over, will the beer in Asda& Tesco's go up in price. or will I have to rush out and Bulk Buy
Sweaty - you obviously ain't been shopping since Ingerlund went out of the compy - the prices were up within 48 hours :cry:

France were robbed, Italy got lucky on penalties.

Up until the sending off France were dominating them.

Italy had ONE shot on target the whole match whilst France had five.

The best team most certainly didnt win.

hurrahfortheRE said:
Cheating f*ckers or the best team in the competition?
With Seri A being investigated for match fixing i'm suprised they were allowed to participate at all!

(The English would have been disqualified had it been the EPL)

Best team in the comp were (gulp) the Argies. Hurts to say but, from a honest - hand - on - heart footy P.O.V, true methinks.

Glad French didn't win, nothing particular I don't like besides the usual Anglo - Frog hatred. Not particularly bothered about Italy being champs either because they've never retained it nor made the knockout stages in subsequent comps after winning it, apart from 1938 - 1950 and thats only cos Hitler and his mates were acting like nobbers.

What I did like was Ze German fans giving Christiano Ronaldo s*it on Saturday night, probably the first and last time I will ever support Ze Germans. Go on Portugal - hateing - German - footy fans!

How's this for a quote from Italian Sen. Roberto Calderoli, regarding the recent Italian victory:

"A team which fielded Lombards,Campanians,Venetians,and Calabrians won against a team which sacrificed its identity for results by fielding blacks,Muslims,and communists.." (Italian News agency ANS, July 11th 2006)

Say what you think, don't beat about the bush!

Latest Threads