Italy will pull out from Afghanistan starting 2011

Have they run out of money to pay the Taliban off with? 8O (Did I say that? Bad me, bad!!)

I predict that productivity at HQ ISAF will increase in direct correlation to any reduction in Italian staff officers working/drinking espresso/posing in the gym/styling their goatees/buying sunglasses and perving up females, and their replacement by somebody who gets on with their job..... :)

Interesting, although it seems to be in line with what was agreed at the London Conference in Jan:
"To develop a plan for phased transition to Afghan security lead, province by province, to begin, provided conditions are met, by late 2010/early 2011"
In the same soundbyte he also says that he won't rule out the use of Italian troops, if requested, in ops such as Marjah: This would constitutionally be a bit of a step for them.
I seem to remember Obama saying something similar when he announced the troop uplift.

Ops_Offr said:
Interesting, although it seems to be in line with what was agreed at the London Conference in Jan:
"To develop a plan for phased transition to Afghan security lead, province by province, to begin, provided conditions are met, by late 2010/early 2011"
In the same soundbyte he also says that he won't rule out the use of Italian troops, if requested, in ops such as Marjah: This would constitutionally be a bit of a step for them.
I seem to remember Obama saying something similar when he announced the troop uplift.
My Bold, in realistic terms I suspect this is a tall order :?

Expect to see Taliban spokesman stating they'd driven the Italians out, cynical :roll:
It'll be interesting to see what other start to follow suit?