Italy Is The New Greece

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

BBC News - Italy credit rating slashed by Moody's from Aa2 to A2 (c) Auntie

I don't think that Silvio is going to be a happy chappy in the morning. How long before Merkel tells him that there's no more money in the central bank and that he's going to have to make the Italian tax system work?

Still might make for cheapish holidays next year.

2. Why would any of this worry him?

3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

So who is going to play Greece to their Rome now?

It will all end in tears.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Damn, I forgot that he'd be too busy with the old "bunga-bunga".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

These Greek and Roman Tragedies just seem to go on forever.

With there be a Deus ex machina written into the script somewhere? :(

6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest given some shared heritage and culture the Russians have a vested interest in helping 'float' their cyrillic cousins. Given comrade Putin's recent use of my favourite biological anthropological term 'Eurasia', Greece may miraculously find it remains within the Euro with help from other than the Franco-'Prussian' block.

Italy is enjoying the celebration of unification this year, so it is a very suitable time for them to enjoy some existential questions, at all levels including the economic.

7. Brotherton Lad

So, the Third Rome may bail out the descendants of St Cyril and St Basil? Tidy.

8. God is dead. Germany will have to do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice Non Sequitur......but I did anyway :)

A buddy just moved to Naples for a 6 month spell ......... they 're are in the middle of a refuse collector's strike - which has been going on for three years....fragrant little spot......I doubt Signor Berlusconi will registermuch disapproval from Poor & Moody....the king of bunga-bunga undoubtedly has a personal escape plan in place...........Incidentally, it seems that the illegal Italian systema turns over DOUBLE state-owned FIAT revenue annually......

(PS.... hands up anyone who thinks Foxy Knoxy was ransomed by the US State Dept ? Wonder what an appeal judge takes home on a good day....? I expect he'll be lecturing on jurisprudence at Harvard or Dukes this time next year.....funny old world....)

10. Silvio is a bigger thief than his former chum Qaddafi but I'm sure will retire more comfortably.

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

By my calculation we're currently on the fourth and fifth symbolically, with the speed increasing exponentially.

I actually say sometimes that if the First (Crown) was Estrusca/Roma, the Second (Chokmah) the Holy Roman/Austro-Hungarian, then the third (Binah) was the Austrian/Germanic (1000 year Reich, not!!! But including Hanoverian/Saxe-Coburg) leading to the fourth (Chesed) and the fifth (Geburah) will continue to be Anglo-American with a German accent, with the sixth (Tipareth), seventh (Netzach), and eighth (Hod) belonging to Eurasia with the ninth (Yesod) and the tenth (Malkuth) being a coming together of contra federative states á la Surat Ar-Rum (30), i.e. the final victory of the Romans.

Treeoflife0.gif

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Without labouring the point (I've discussed it often on these boards) the Tibetan rail link currently being extended through the sub continent to the deep sea ports of (West) Pakistan, thence on through Central Asia to Moscow and the EU will mean that this early limited Eurasian Union will play a central and key part to geopolitics during C21st and onward through the 3rd Millenium.

I recently gave my first edition copy of 'Hassan: The Story of Hassan of Baghdad and How He Came to Make the Golden Journey to Samarkand' to a Russian speaking American PhD cohort colleague who was off to Central Asia; America has realised well ahead of time that as the region becomes the crossroads it once was, it will not be won by force of arms but by old fashioned trade and tradecraft.

'Tis the Great Game once more!! :excited:

13. I just can't figure you out, Nehustan. Nine times out of ten you're impenetrably obtuse, but on the odd occasion that you're lucid you don't half give me some food for thought. :)

14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest as a fellow who has rarely 'been in' in 24 years I am both obtuse and a certifiable lunatic. If I wasn't I'd be a bigger wreck than I am, and quite possibly have been black bagged**. Those who know me (by reputation rather than personally, i.e. 'he's a @#!*% ' 'he's a @#!*% ' 'he's a frikkin' @#!*% ') get rather more of my 'nonsense' rants than the average arrser, and arrse is a lot easier than dead letter drops.

(** As my great great grand father was Albert Victor, perhaps I wouldn't be black bagged, but the thought does keep me on my toes)

15. Brotherton Lad

My reference to 'the Third Rome' is the Russian version. That Russia has a direct lineage from the fall of Rome via the fall of Constantinople to the survival of the Orthodox system in Russian lands and Russian souls.