Italy is not a brothel

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Feb 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would seem that Italian women are revolting :shock:

2. So they like sex but not bunga bunga.... WTF is bunga bunga :?

3. Well, thats Italy of my holiday list, anyone know of a cheap hotel near palace barracks?

4. Is it italian for 'gigga gig' johnny?

5. According to my Italian sources, bunga bunga involves buggering women. Allegedly Gadaffi introduced Berlusconi to the practice as a way to relax.

Personally, I don't find sex relaxing. Perhaps I'm going about things the wrong way. Which brings us back on topic. He would have been better to take an aspirin and go to bed early more often.

6. Two 'brothel' threads on the same day!

7. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Bunga bunga is Italian for "I'll give you a very large cheque and you pretend to like me when you sleep with me..."

Wordsmith

8. Apparently she is:

_51101562_sabina.jpg

Berlusconi's party organiser, a German "actress". What sort of films, I wouldn't dare speculate.

9. Is that anything like `jiggy jiggy` by any chance? Forigien confuses me.

10. You're not doing too well with English, either!

11. Those were the days........................"Take me back to Benivento,
    Where the girls are Due -cento"
    No, in Trieste it was 'Figgy Figgy' "Quanta Costa for Figgy Figgy?"
    Nissed as pewts!!

Attached Files:

12. The phrase "bunga bunga" has become inextricably linked with the private life of Italy's Silvio Berlusconi, and for those who have puzzled over its origins an intriguing new explanation of its meaning has been offered.

The comical-sounding phrase made its first appearance back in October, when 17-year-old Moroccan belly dancer Karima El Mahroug - who calls herself Ruby - said she had attended "bunga bunga" parties with other women at Mr Berlusconi's villa in Milan.
    Italian newspapers immediately scrambled to find out its origins.

The finger of blame was initially laid upon Mr Berlusconi's friend Col Muammar Gaddafi, with allegations of parties hosted by the Libyan leader involving "harems" of young Western women.

Then stories circulated claiming the phrase owed its origins to a bawdy joke, which Mr Berlusconi's detractors claimed was one of his favourites.

Then this week Sabina Began, German actress and friend of the Italian prime minister, told Sky Italia that she herself was bunga bunga. "'Bunga bunga' is simply my nickname," the 36-year-old said.

The phrase "'Bunga bunga' also has a UK services connection - the infamous Dreadnought hoax which was dreamed up by aristocratic joker Horace de Vere Cole, who contacted the British Admiralty pretending to be the Emperor of Abyssinia.

He informed officials that he wished to inspect the Home Fleet while on a forthcoming visit to Britain. After enlisting some friends - artists from the Bloomsbury group, including writer Virginia Woolf - to masquerade as his entourage, he turned up at the navy's state-of-the-art ship, the Dreadnought.

Officials, taken in by the dark stage make-up, false beards and oriental regalia, treated the group to an official civic reception.

[​IMG]

Virginia Woolf (far left) joins Horace de Vere Cole (far right) in the 'bunga' hoax

They were reported to have cried "Bunga, bunga!" while marvelling at the ship. An account of the visit plus a picture were sent to the Daily Mail newspaper - probably by Cole himself.

Virginia Woolf said later that when the real Emperor of Abyssinia arrived in London weeks later, wherever he went, ''the street boys ran after him calling out bunga, bunga!"

Musical Hall ditty from 1910

When I went on board a Dreadnought ship
    I looked like a costermonger;
    They said I was an Abyssinian prince
    'Cos I shouted 'Bunga Bunga!'
    Source: The Sultan of Zanzibar: The Bizarre World and Spectacular Hoaxes of Horace de Vere Cole, Martyn Downer

(The term reappeared at the end of World War I, after HMS Dreadnought sank a German submarine. According to retired Royal Navy captain Jack Broome - in his book Make Another Signal - the congratulatory telegram read: "BUNGA BUNGA".)

13. This thread denegrates women.

14. I'm very cross with Italian prosecutors. Why? Because they are accusing Mr. Tony Blair's very best friend of naughtiness! This is outrageous!

If Mr.Tony Blair had any idea that his very best friend was being naughty, he would have said something.

Makes you proud to be British!

PS: I have it on the very best of authorities that Mr. Tony Blair's best friend did NOT shag Mr. Tony Blair's hideously ugly and wholly unappetising wife!

15. Are you disl, dysl, did you mean degenerates?
    Sentence compositions wierd too.