Italian sense of humour failure

Holy hell! Nearly 16 grand for carving one letter into a building which mostly isn't even there? That's a bit strong.
http://www.itv.com/news/2014-11-24/tourist-fined-20-000-euros-for-engraving-on-colosseum/
A Russian tourist has been fined 20,000 Euros (£15,829) for engraving a 10-inch tall letter 'K' on a wall of the Colosseum.

The 42-year-old was caught using a pointed stone to carve the letter by a guard at the landmark in Rome, Italy.

He was fined and handed a suspended four-year jail sentence on Saturday.

Good.
Fecking vandals screwed up Rome last time they visited as well.
Or was that the visigoths?

It seems that the Italians considered what sort of punishment one of theirs would receive in Moscow for doing something similar and acted accordingly. Sound fair to me.

How many Romans ??????????????

Yes but if every ****** who felt like it carved just one letter onto it after 2000 years there wouldn't be any left at all would there now.

I was at Stonehenge and a yank asked if he could chip off a bit to take home, the ****.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Good.
Fecking vandals screwed up Rome last time they visited as well.
Or was that the visigoths?

Both, not to mention the Ostrogoths:

Invasions_of_the_Roman_Empire_1.png

Just imagine the fine if he'd written ROMANES EUNT DOMUS....

Romani ite domums 1000 times by sun rise or I cut yer balls off. Ho and that's a 20 million euro fine. (would look good though).

philc

LE
Italy has a bit of a hard on for The new breed of rich Russians visiting, vulgar, uncouth, and common being some of the complaints, plus Rome is skint, along with Venice, Pompeii and just about all Italian football teams.

Still it's nice that the Italian old bill did some police work, they are the most useless *******.

Russians should be executed immediately on entry to any historically important location.

Western Europe for example.

I was at Stonehenge and a yank asked if he could chip off a bit to take home, the ****.

You should have sold him a "pre chipped" stone that you found in the car park.

It could have been worse. At least it wasn't new.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What about Central and, even, Eastern Europe?
There welcome to Eastern Europe. Oh hang on they gave that away a few years back, even the bloody Russians gave up on Eastern Europe!

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
If the Wop OB hadn't then Putin would probably have claimed it was now Russian Territory and annexed it.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads