iTablet

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by BrandySoured, Feb 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks better specked than the i-Pad, multiple applications, windows 7, usb ports, HDMI, camera......and if it ends up cheaper, Goodbye i-pad.

2. It does look quite good. Will need to have a good look at it.

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'Jealousy is an ugly master'

not when it looks to be better specced and better thought out... and can actually do more than one thing at a time.

jealousy may be ugly, but apple fanbois tend to be uglier still. and have furry teeth.

4. The spec list does miss out one thing it needs though. A tender to keep the steam boiler topped up.

Seriously, portable devices need good battery life and that thing will last about an hour.

P.S. The flash is dead, long live HTML 5.

5. Which is about 2 behind schedule?

As the company manufacturing them has been doing similar things in the commercial sector, the possibly have more experiance than Apple with this sort of technology.

6. They have a picture of this on another site. The screen looks very poor quality, and it might be better specced than the iPad (although iPad chip is supposedly quad core & this one has a normal intel; and Flash memory v normal harddrive.), but Windows is a lot more intensive than iPhone OS, so it will probably run at a snails pace.

Still, at least this has got a camera in it, so people can take low quality photos with something the size of a dinner tray.

7. Same chip as netbooks Intel Atom, seems ok with them.

So would you rather have a poorer screen with multi tasking and will freely intergrate with other software/hardware, or fantastic screen but can't back up its functionalty?

8. Like the iPhone?

9. I'd rather the device with a higher quality screen, as I'm buying the iPad solely for it's use as an e-reader, word processor, and for doing internet searches - and all of those things can be done with iTunes playing my music in the background; and I imagine significantly more stable/faster than a netbook. So it suits my needs, and has all the functionality that I need.

10. I can't see it being cheaper, doubt you'd see much change from a grand, but it looks more useful.