It was "The Guardian" wot lost it...

#1
The necky tw*ts...
Clark County in Ohio is one of the most marginal counties in one the most marginal states in the upcoming US elections. The Guardian is enabling it's readers to write to registered voters in the county, in an effort to woo them away from Bush. It seems to me that this is one of those good ideas that is just bound to backfire, hideously. I cannot think of anything more likely to drive a wavering voter over to The Darkside than an earnest letter from some sweaty-palmed, Grauniad-reading lefty. (er, like me... :oops: )

So, should Dubya win in November, you can blame The Guardian. :roll:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1327842,00.html
 
#2
Mmmm. Plusses and minuses there, but blaming the recent hurricanes in Florida on President Bush is one for the Grauniad's hall of journalistic twaddle.
 
#3
And the writer is deputy ed. of a Muslim magazine. Not that the Bush camp might use that in any way - foreign Muslims interfering with their "democratic" process and all. Probably give 'em grounds to invalidate the result if they lose 8O
 
#5
Have you not noticed that Americans don't give two shits what Europeans think of us? Each email someone gets from some arrogant Brit telling us why to NOT vote for George Bush is going to backfire, you stupid, yellow-toothed pansies ... I don't give a rat's ass if our election is going to have an effect on your worthless little life. I really don't. If you want to have a meaningful election in your crappy little island full of shitty food and yellow teeth, then maybe you should try not to sell your sovereignty out to Brussels and Berlin, dipshit. Oh, yeah - and brush your goddamned teeth, you filthy animals.
Real Americans aren't interested in your pansy-ass, tea-sipping opinions. If you want to save the world, begin with your own worthless corner of it.
Texas, USA
Looks like the Military.com letter writing campaign is underway :D
 

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
#6
Cor! What the Grauniad has done for Anglo-American relations !

eat your hearts out Ray Seitz and the late-lamented Alistair Cooke....

I especially liked this shot -

just read a hilarious proposal to involve your readership in the upcoming US presidential election. At least, I'm hoping that it is genius satire. Nothing will do more to undermine the Democratic cause in Ohio than having patronising Brits wander around Clark County telling people how to vote. Just, for a second, imagine if the Washington Post sent folks from Ohio to do the same in Oxfordshire. I'm saying this as a Democrat, and as someone who has spent the last few years in the UK. That is, with all due respect. Please, please, be rational, and move slowly away from the self-defeating hubris.


I hadn't appreciated just how widespread the Merkin view of us Brits being dentally challenged was....speaking as one with a mouth full of Soviet era ironwork......must stock up on those Crest strips when I'm in Washington, running a marathon alongside 15,000 of them.....


Lee Shaver

( not to offend Yankee sensibilities with any of that damned Frenchness...)
 
#7
PartTimePongo said:
Have you not noticed that Americans don't give two shits what Europeans think of us? Each email someone gets from some arrogant Brit telling us why to NOT vote for George Bush is going to backfire, you stupid, yellow-toothed pansies ... I don't give a rat's ass if our election is going to have an effect on your worthless little life. I really don't. If you want to have a meaningful election in your crappy little island full of shitty food and yellow teeth, then maybe you should try not to sell your sovereignty out to Brussels and Berlin, dipshit. Oh, yeah - and brush your goddamned teeth, you filthy animals.
Real Americans aren't interested in your pansy-ass, tea-sipping opinions. If you want to save the world, begin with your own worthless corner of it.
Texas, USA
Ahh....

The sound of dueling banjo's gets ever louder :D
 
#8
The SPAM obsession with British dentition is odd. It is, like so many of their ideas about us, generally wrong. It is also curious that the people who gave us McDonalds, KFC and other nutritionally worthless garbage consider our cuisine to be lacking. On the other hand, their own massive consumption of chemical-laden junk food is probably responsible for their inability to function properly as well as their enormous arrses.
 

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
#9
ViroBono said:
The SPAM obsession with British dentition is odd. It is, like so many of their ideas about us, generally wrong. It is also curious that the people who gave us McDonalds, KFC and other nutritionally worthless garbage consider our cuisine to be lacking. On the other hand, their own massive consumption of chemical-laden junk food is probably responsible for their inability to function properly as well as their enormous arrses.

Steady there that man....not knocking the nation that gave us spray-on Cheez , shurely ?

cf Bill Bryson's 'Notes from a Big Continent '
 
#10
Well done the Graunid for sticking its pretentious champagne sipping socialist nose where it does not belong.

what utter contempt for democracy, for the workings of another countries politicial system then for those who "know better" to tell the working classes how to vote.............oh hang on, that's what the Guardian does anyway,

silly me, well certainly can't have the great unwashed voting on their own, god, they could do things, like, vote for the death penality or lower taxes or getting rid of social services, and we couldn't have that now could we!

If only they let the benevolant dictators of the Guardian Editoral run the country, then everything would be fine.
 
#12
A dictatorship!!........ that's what we need.


Oops.. spoke too soon! 8O
 
#13
Goatman said:
I hadn't appreciated just how widespread the Merkin view of us Brits being dentally challenged was...)
Just watch "Austin Powers".

The Grauniad for "Fukcwits of the Year" award.

Unbelievable arrogance.
 
#14
I got an idea.

But I want to run it past you guys before I actually do it. I mean, after all UK is your country.

I take out a classified ad in "Shotgun News" asking the readers to send unsolicited correspondence to British citizens entreating -- no, make that demanding -- that they vote New Labor in the next election.

Whaddya think?
 
#15
I dont know what it is but liberal politicians the world over love to chop away at their respective military budgets. How in time of war can they reduce infantry battalions ? Aircraft carriers cant patrol the streets of Basra. Personally wouldnt vote for a pitician that was soldily behind the military.
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#16
Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
I got an idea.

But I want to run it past you guys before I actually do it. I mean, after all UK is your country.

I take out a classified ad in "Shotgun News" asking the readers to send unsolicited correspondence to British citizens entreating -- no, make that demanding -- that they vote New Labor in the next election.

Whaddya think?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Like it NWD !

We both know it would be the act of an egotistical, interfering, narrow little mind......but then you've not had the doubtful 'pleasure' of reading the Grauniad !
It is the DS answer to the question 'What is pretentious ?'
 
#17
well done the guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1329858,00.html

KEEP YOUR FUCKIN' LIMEY HANDS OFF OUR ELECTION. HEY, SHITHEADS, REMEMBER THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR? REMEMBER THE WAR OF 1812? WE DIDN'T WANT YOU, OR YOUR POLITICS HERE, THAT'S WHY WE KICKED YOUR ASSES OUT. FOR THE 47% OF YOU WHO DON'T WANT PRESIDENT BUSH, I SAY THIS ... TOUGH SHIT!
PROUD AMERICAN VOTING FOR BUSH

Have you not noticed that Americans don't give two shits what Europeans think of us? Each email someone gets from some arrogant Brit telling us why to NOT vote for George Bush is going to backfire, you stupid, yellow-toothed pansies ... I don't give a rat's ass if our election is going to have an effect on your worthless little life. I really don't. If you want to have a meaningful election in your crappy little island full of shitty food and yellow teeth, then maybe you should try not to sell your sovereignty out to Brussels and Berlin, dipshit. Oh, yeah - and brush your goddamned teeth, you filthy animals.
Wading River, NY

etc.
 
#18
What's really amussing is that now that the Guardian realises that it was a mistake to start this bowl rolling in the first place, they are publishing the replies in an attempt to either show how ironic or mature they are!

when actually all it shows what complete f*ckwits they were for doing this in the first place.

ah lefties, ya gotta love em
 

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
#19
Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
I got an idea.

But I want to run it past you guys before I actually do it. I mean, after all UK is your country.

I take out a classified ad in "Shotgun News" asking the readers to send unsolicited correspondence to British citizens entreating -- no, make that demanding -- that they vote New Labor in the next election.

Whaddya think?
Love it ...... just make sure you spell Labour correctly :lol: !

BTW, which side do you fall on the Late War of Nawthun Aggression ?
 
#20
Tomahawk6

For an American, you pick up the ball remarkably quickly

Welcome to Arrse :D
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top