It was performance art - Michael Stones defence

Loyalist Michael Stone's planned incursion on a crucial meeting of Stormont politicians was "performance art," his defence lawyer has claimed, according to the BBC.

Stone's defence lawyer Arthur Harvey, QC, said he had received instructions from Stone that the incident, which caused chaos at Stormont and led to the evacuation of Parliament Buildings, was not intended to endanger the life of anyone.

"It was, in fact, a piece of performance art replicating a terrorist attack," said Mr Harvey.

"My instructions are that these were not viable explosive devices and were improvised from the most basic household items, including a cardboard holder for a kitchen roll, candle wax and powder from fireworks freely available in shops."
No doubt Lord Cronysmith will be recruiting Stone as a 'special adviser', to help him dream up ever more elaborate excuses for failing to bring ministers to account for their actions.

BBC News

At least he hasn't lost his sense of humour!

Why is he being tried again? Wasn't he free on some sort of life licence that can be revoked with the stroke of a pen?

Didn't Prescott use the same line when he was caught bending the PA over the Chief of Defence Staff's favourite desk?

Aaah, the old Nuremberg defence.

'Concentration camp, Mi Lo'd? No, it's an installation piece!'

bob_lawlaw said:
Didn't Prescott use the same line when he was caught bending the PA over the Chief of Defence Staff's favourite desk?
Do you mind - I'm trying to eat my lunch whilst I ponder that awful image. Possibly the MOD's could introduce a Channel 4 stylee red triangle for this type of post!

I hear he'll be exhibiting in the Crown Court next, followed by an installation piece that should last, oh, about 25 years

all generously funded with public money

why can't we give other performance artists similar "opportunities"?

Yellow_Devil said:
I hear he'll be exhibiting in the Crown Court next, followed by an installation piece that should last, oh, about 25 years

all generously funded with public money

why can't we give other performance artists similar "opportunities"?
You obviously didn't hear about the artist from Bedford getting a fekkin huge council funded grant to carry a hod-ful of bricks onto a train as a symbol of British/Italian togetherness in the brick building industries in Bedfordshire, or some other cnut who got one for kicking a curry carry-out carton along the street.

http://tinyurl.com/yh9sjq

He claims his Stormont stunt was performance art !!

In an open letter to the Secretary of State Peter Hain and the Chief Constable Sir Hugh Orde, Stone referred to himself as "an author and artist" and alleged that his "unfinished work", entitled 'Never Say Never', was aimed at exposing the "futility of the politically-motivated violence created in a political vacuum".

Ha Ha Ha..........