It was performance art - Michael Stones defence

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Dec 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Loyalist Michael Stone's planned incursion on a crucial meeting of Stormont politicians was "performance art," his defence lawyer has claimed, according to the BBC.

No doubt Lord Cronysmith will be recruiting Stone as a 'special adviser', to help him dream up ever more elaborate excuses for failing to bring ministers to account for their actions.

BBC News

2. At least he hasn't lost his sense of humour!

Why is he being tried again? Wasn't he free on some sort of life licence that can be revoked with the stroke of a pen?

3. has he applied for a Lottery grant?

4. Didn't Prescott use the same line when he was caught bending the PA over the Chief of Defence Staff's favourite desk?

5. Aaah, the old Nuremberg defence.

'Concentration camp, Mi Lo'd? No, it's an installation piece!'

6. Do you mind - I'm trying to eat my lunch whilst I ponder that awful image. Possibly the MOD's could introduce a Channel 4 stylee red triangle for this type of post!

7. Next years Turner prize I'll wager

8. I hear he'll be exhibiting in the Crown Court next, followed by an installation piece that should last, oh, about 25 years

all generously funded with public money

why can't we give other performance artists similar "opportunities"?

9. You obviously didn't hear about the artist from Bedford getting a fekkin huge council funded grant to carry a hod-ful of bricks onto a train as a symbol of British/Italian togetherness in the brick building industries in Bedfordshire, or some other cnut who got one for kicking a curry carry-out carton along the street.

10. Michael Stones lawyer has stated that the 'stunt' during the opening of Stormont was a piece of live, performance art!

Link

Never say Never productionBelfast Telegraph

11. http://tinyurl.com/yh9sjq

He claims his Stormont stunt was performance art !!

In an open letter to the Secretary of State Peter Hain and the Chief Constable Sir Hugh Orde, Stone referred to himself as "an author and artist" and alleged that his "unfinished work", entitled 'Never Say Never', was aimed at exposing the "futility of the politically-motivated violence created in a political vacuum".

Ha Ha Ha..........

12. and for his finale............... ?

13. Here's another peice of "performance art" from the 40's

[​IMG]

Send him down......preferably into a nationalist wing :x