It was like Zulu

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by redchad, Mar 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice one.I hope no one started singing hymns in Welsh.

2. By the battle’s end, every man in the platoon was credited with at least one Taliban kill.

3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Like it matters whether everyone "killed a man". They fought and defended as a team, good leadership at all levels and this action reads as if it reflects the highest standards and traditions of the Army that we are (or at least should be) proud of.

4. Epic.....do you think in 50 year's they'll make movies out of stories like this?

Edit.....just reading that, and I think it reads kind of sarky....not my intention and a genuine question.

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Except for the automatic weapons, and Javellin missiles it was just like Zulu

Well done them

6. I didn't post the quote like a score fixture from a sports event, I posted it to give someone a indication to how intense it would have been for them.

7. The Battalions due back in the UK this spring and will be on Horse Guards parade in June Trooping the Colour.

Proud as punch!

8. If only they were as good looking as punch (thank you blackadder).

Well done to all involved. Sounds like good skills and drills from everyone involved.

9. Well done boys, proud of you.

10. interesting how good news seeps out...

11. Nails, I say.
    Wouldn't expect anything less.

12. I'm still waiting for a proper film about that platoon of marines that defended the Falklands in '82, although An Ungentlemanly Act is well worth a watch, I've read accounts about what they did and it doesn't really do them justice.

Well done to the Guardsmen, nails, as suggested it's a shame things like this don't make the front page...

13. And the RPGs and IEDs. Oh, and our use of camouflage and comms and mortars and support.

But apart from that, EXACTLY like zulu

14. Cracking drills.