IT support actual online transcript

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ugly, Mar 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

My host had lapsed so I decided to shave a few quid by only renewing the domain and moving it or rather pointing my address at my new free host;

Your Question: I have been offered a free package with weebly and a friend to build the site, can you tell me how to renew my domain only and have it moved to weebly please?

Chat reference number: 38758
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    | 10.03.2012 11:08:01 | Satbir Singh: Hello Ugly, my name is Satbir Singh, how may I help you?
    | 10.03.2012 11:08:23 |Ugly: as above looking to renew domain name only and move to weebly
    | 10.03.2012 11:09:34 | Satbir Singh: can you please provide me your domain name ?
    | 10.03.2012 11:10:04 | Ugly: uglyfuckpig.com
    | 10.03.2012 11:10:38 | Satbir Singh: Thnakd, Please wait
    | 10.03.2012 11:12:29 | Satbir Singh: You can reenw your domain at free of cost only by renewing your website account
    | 10.03.2012 11:12:32 | Satbir Singh: Please confirm me that do you wnat to renew your Mr site account ?
    | 10.03.2012 11:13:23 | Ugly: Yes but I dont want a package just email and host pointing
    | 10.03.2012 11:14:31 | Satbir Singh: Ok then you need to check all the details in email which you have mentioned in email under settings after log in your storefront account or in the email address which you have set up aith any of payment method used with your storefront site
    | 10.03.2012 11:15:23 | Ugly: I dont understand can you use punctuation please?
    | 10.03.2012 11:17:24 | Satbir Singh: Ok then you need to check all the details in email which you have mentioned in email under settings after log in your storefront account or in the email address which you have set up wth any of payment method used with your storefront site
    | 10.03.2012 11:18:05 | Ugly: No that isnt clear please use punctuation, commas and full stops!
    | 10.03.2012 11:19:22 | Satbir Singh: Ok then you need to check all the details in email address you have mentioned in email address under settings after log in your storefront account or in the email address which you have set up with any of payment method used with your storefront site
    | 10.03.2012 11:23:08 | Ugly: Is there a problem with your keyboard? I have commas you can borrow if you want?
    | 10.03.2012 11:24:12 | Ugly: I think I'm going to have to finish this and come back later when there is someone who can pause for breath between phrases!

Having ended the online help session I was invited to submit feedback;
    Q was the online chat of any help?

| 10.03.2012 11:25:14 | Ugly: No I couldnt understand what he was trying to tell me as he didnt use any punctuation despite prompting!
    | 10.03.2012 11:26:03 | Ugly: In fact no use at all. If thats what passes for support then I'm better not bothering any renewal and letting it all lapse.

Within 10 minutes a quick e mail from the only english speaker in their office and it may yet be sorted!

2. So you've abused some piss poor guy who works 80 hours a week for fuck all and lost him his job; and all because you couldn't be fucked to research what you actually needed doing and so made a technically nonsensical request that he didn't know how to answer.

Particularly like that you abused him for not using punctuation when the standard of your own grammar was barely legible.

Fucking nice one.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I'm glad you understood it DD,four times I read it and couldn't make head or tail of it,but them again I am fick as fuck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I may have understood his response with punctuation but as I pay for IT support I expect it to work, as for poor spelling the cunt had infected my lap top. Still its the NAAFI so who gives a fuck! Wind your neck in and bring those jobs here so we can abuse weegies and Latvians!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ugly WAS rather rude to the nice call centre wallah

6. It reads like a pisspoor automated response system.

Whilst in grumpy old cunt mode, I'm also pissed off about those companies that leave voicemails that go, 'hello mr pigshit, this is mumble mumble mumble from shitcunt ltd, could you call me on mumble babble mutter mumble please?'

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think you'll find he was probably being abusive towards a piece of software.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Software without punctuation!

• Like Like x 1
  9. uglyfuckpig.com?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm both surprised and disappointed that it isn't a real website.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well I'm not putting everything in the public domain in one go am I?

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I think we can do something about this provided it doesnt already exist? There must be a demand for an online pigs board!

13. Already exists. It's called Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They have emailed me for more feedback, oh the temptation is strong!

15. This is a true story from the WordPerfect helpline. Needless to say, the help desk employee was fired; however, he/she is currently suing the Word Perfect organization for "Termination without Cause."

Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee with a caller:

Customer Support: "Ridge Hall computer assistant; may I help you?"

Caller: "Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

CS: "What sort of trouble?"

C: "Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."

CS: "Went away?"

C: "They disappeared."

CS: "Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

C: "Nothing."

CS: "Nothing?"

C: "It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

CS: "Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

C: "How do I tell?"

CS: "Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"

C: "What's a sea-prompt?"

CS: "Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?"

C: "There isn't any cursor, I told you, it won't accept anything I type."

CS: "Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

C: "What's a monitor?"

CS: "It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"

C: "I don't know."

CS: "Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"

C: "Yes, I think so."

CS: "Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."

C: ".......Yes, it is."

CS: "When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"

C: "No."

CS: "Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."

C: ".......Okay, here it is."

CS: "Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."

"I can't reach."

CS: "Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

C: "No."

CS: "Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"

C: "Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's because it's dark."

CS: "Dark?"

C: "Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."

CS: "Well, turn on the office light then."

C: "I can't."

CS: "No? Why not?"

C: "Because there's a power outage."

CS: "A power... A power outage? Ah, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"

C: "Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."

CS: "Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."

C: "Really? Is it that bad?"

CS: "Yes, I'm afraid it is."

C: "Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"

CS: "Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer."

• Like Like x 1