IT Resettlement Training

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by partyr, May 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning, I am a former British Army SSgt (I was discharged after 23 years service last year), now working as a Training Coordinator for an IT Training company here in Coventry. JBC has been a preferred supplier to the CTP for resettlement courses for Service Leavers since 1998.

In the light of the current round of service redundancies I am writing this to make you aware of the excellent training packages we offer, for both Service Leavers and those wishing to advance their IT skill set. As you will see on the website, IT Training and recruitment for careers in the IT industry ,our resettlement courses are aimed firmly at getting each individual into an IT Career. This requires not only practical training towards qualifications in current Microsoft, Cisco and generic technologies, but also our Winning Ways programme including how to manage an IT Career, the effective use of a tailored CV and personal profiles, job search support and career development timetables.

JBC has a very high success rate of Service Leavers achieving valuable qualifications and, most importantly, gaining employment. In the first quarter of 2011 for example out of 18 candidates, 12, who were available immediately, moved straight into employment on completion of their training. We expect all of the others to do the same once they have reached their terminal date.

If you would like further information either PM me or contact via the website.

2. partyr
    Is it possible to let me know who at the moment is actually hiring, I’m CCNA & MCP qualified with over ten years experience but haven’t been able to find anything for the past year. I’ve always been flexible on location and rate but from my experience the market is flat as a pancake, sorry if I sound a bit negative its just how I’ve found it to be.

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Taggs, experience tends to count for far more than qualifications. Maybe look at detailing more about what you have done on your CV than ticks in boxes on courses might be a good idea. Most employers want to see you able to hit the ground running rather than that you know the theory but not the practice.

What area of IT are you in? I'm telecoms but my brother is an ex REME IT wallah, maybe I can ask him what you need to focus on, he earns 10% more than me these days so the market is not so flat.

4. Check your PMs.

5. Ord Sgt
    Except for the last 12 months or so I’ve mainly been involved in rollouts / upgrades to LAN’s, from design through to go live. This would usually involve site audits, risk assessments, creation of documentation, configuration of layer two and three devices (Cisco) physical installs, commissioning and handover. I’ve worked in both the public and private sector, here in the UK and Europe. I’ve also done low level PC work and additional things like Blackberry rollouts, but currently I can’t even find anything to apply for, the industry just appears to be dead.

6. Taggs

I have just sent you a PM.