It just doesn't get any better, a news article just made for ARRSE.

Probably quite an innocent explanation.

Man phones police to say;
"I've just found this projectile in my garden, what can I do with it?"

Police response; "For all I care you can......."

And thus it came about.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Neither King’s nor Queen’s, nor Royal Marines.
But 28th. Old Braggs:
Brass before and Brass behind.
Never feared a foe of any kind:
Shoulder Arms!

Must be an ex-GLOSTER

I’d destroy by explosive demolition in situ*.

*I’d usually use the term blow in situ, but not in this scenario, not with you bunch of cünts.

*I’d usually use the term blow in situ, but not in this scenario, not with you bunch of cünts.
serious thing, dingerr...
would you put sandbags around him, and evacuate the building?
Or would/could you, by examining the X rays, determine if it were live or not?

That’d be fun with the post-incident report. “Destroyed in situ. Unfortunate collateral damage in that the A&E department was completely destroyed, initial estimates of £14m and 9-12 months for repair”.

”Dingerr!!!”

Agony_Aunt

War Hero
How long is a 57mm HE shell?

Did his rectum cause a vacuum and it got sucked all the way in? If not, why not just pull it out?

Enquiring minds want to know.

A friend of mine told me that there is indeed a vaccuum behind an inserted object (a hypothetical butt plug, to give a random example), and said object can take some effort to remove.
Apparently, according to my friend, that's why butt plugs have a wide base to pevent the kind of total insertion one would encounter with a WW2 shell, vibrating egg, Matchbox car, lighter, TV remote or other suchlike objects.

serious thing, dingerr...
would you put sandbags around him, and evacuate the building?
Or would/could you, by examining the X rays, determine if it were live or not?

Ultimately they have to remove it (I’d be asking them to bag it as they do).

If they have an xray already that would be useful. My concern would be if it HE fuzed with a Hotchkiss fuze. Unlikely, but not impossible.

It’s possibly solid shot, in which case the No2 would be instructed to take it back to the van and double bag it.

Truxx

LE
A friend of mine told me that there is indeed a vaccuum behind an inserted object (a hypothetical butt plug, to give a random example), and said object can take some effort to remove.
Apparently, according to my friend, that's why butt plugs have a wide base to pevent the kind of total insertion one would encounter with a WW2 shell, vibrating egg, Matchbox car, lighter, TV remote or other suchlike objects.
Interesting list you have there. Very, er, imaginative.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ultimately they have to remove it (I’d be asking them to bag it as they do).

If they have an xray already that would be useful. My concern would be if it HE fuzed with a Hotchkiss fuze. Unlikely, but not impossible.

It’s possibly solid shot, in which case the No2 would be instructed to take it back to the van and double bag it.
I am curious, what happens to the shot afterwards?
Does he get it back?

MEN_ARC_0311675_6438948.jpg

Might be a little unpleasant if you set it off in situ.......

I am curious, what happens to the shot afterwards?
Does he get it back?

No he bloody well doesn’t.

Solid shot would be backloaded to QinetiQ Shoeburyness, who cut it up, reducing it to unrecognisable scrap.

Latest Threads