IT courses

Anyone used these guys?

Affordable Computer Training (UK) Ltd
http://www.affordabletrainingonline.com

Looking to do a course with them using ELCs.

Any feedback on them (im serving btw, doing my own development)

*edit* (as I had to check something on Elcas's Site)

Had the hour long ''yaay, this is rockin'' chat :x then ..this was gonna be ELC... asked me for me credit card details for my bit of the payment.

WHOOAH! Alarm bells going off in my head as im sure i wasnt meant to cough up before checking with Elcas..

Have deferred him 'til a later date.. So I could check.. and lo and behold...

CLAIMANTS BE AWARE !

It is important that you do not set up a loan/credit agreement for the full fee amount under any circumstances.

You must not pay any money to the Provider or book the course before you receive your Claim Authorisation Note.

Learning Providers should not request payment for the ELC portion of the fee from you directly. The Learning Provider will invoice DGFM separately for this.

Please note that although the Learning Provider as an organisation may be Approved you must still ensure that the Learning Activities that they provide are eligible. ELCs may only be claimed for learning which results in a nationally recognised qualification at Level 3 or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) (England and Wales), a Level 6 or above on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) or, if pursued overseas, an approved international equivalent qualification.

If you are not happy that your chosen Learning Provider is following the ELC scheme policies please detail your complaint in writing via your Education Staff or Single Service Representative.
Quite glad I did. They are listed on the Elcas site, but the fact they asked for the dosh has put me off 'em.

:D Thought i'd mention it.. as yer do..

Latest Threads