It' Been "Real"

Well to allay all of the ‘I suspect that I know who it was’ nonsense: it was me. Because I thought it was funny.

He’s hardly likely to see it now, is he? Time to dry your gussets as all the weeping about bad taste says more about your fan-boi-ness than it does the title change.
When PG used to do it, it was funny. When you do it, less so. Much, much less so.

More pettiness, gentlemen?

We all knew what was intended.
why pettiness? It was a strange and obscure title and anyway we were under the impression that an officer and gentleman would know how to spell the Queen's English ERRRR oops!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
you do know this is the internet and you are just a username? Your post reminds me of people who post pictures on the web and complain when others use them.
No .... this is a matter of confidence .... I would not expect my post on a forum to be altered without my consent ... fortunately I have now been assured that traceability exists within ARRSE to find any perpetrator of such an action ... there could have been legal implications here .

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
why pettiness? It was a strange and obscure title and anyway we were under the impression that an officer and gentleman would know how to spell the Queen's English ERRRR oops!

Simple typo.

Apart from that, certain mods in their eagerness to point out sycophancy among posters they deem to be somehow "weak" end up missing the target by changing the OP's title to something inappropriate.

Power corrupts, and in the case of Sixty, absolute power ...

Not necessarily. A lot of people who use this site meet up on other social media, and even in real life (scary prospect eh?)

So it's not quite anonymous. A few people are dicks in real life, a few who pose as dicks are actually good eggs, but most regularly posters give themselves away fairly quickly.
If a user chooses to reveal his identity thats's their responsibility and either way it does not grant them dominion over what they have chosen to post on any web site that is not their property.

I am lairy of meeting up with fellow Arrsers precisely because I find the anonymity gives a certain unique kind of advantage, which I enjoy.

Simple typo.

Apart from that, certain mods in their eagerness to point out sycophancy among posters they deem to be somehow "weak" end up missing the target by changing the OP's title to something inappropriate.

Power corrupts, and in the case of Sixty, absolute power ...
Ce ne ci ce pas importante? Ou en le outre mains....

Chef

LE
I liked his posts as being mostly informative and usually entertaining. Plus he used English spellings which was a nice touch.

I am lairy of meeting up with fellow Arrsers precisely because I find the anonymity gives a certain unique kind of advantage, which I enjoy.
Plus they might use nasty words and take my lunch money.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If a user chooses to reveal his identity thats's their responsibility and either way it does not grant them dominion over what they have chosen to post on any web site that is not their property.

But you're lovely to meet.

Even at Middle Wallop!!!!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That's one of the nicest things a grownup Rafbrat has ever said to me.
Hahaha! I plead insanity.
I went to Specsavers and thought @Stbob posted that. I first met her at Wallop when I was doing a Holidays for Heroes stall all on my own. She binned her plans for the afternoon and helped me.

Latest Threads