It’s finally gone too far

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My wife will be making a recommendation at next weeks committee to have the phonetic alphabet reduced to 24 letters as Romeo and Juliet have peadophilic connotations.
And it encourages teenage suicide.

Whisky is offensive to recovering alcoholics.

Golf is offensive to everyone who doesn't play.

Foxtrot is not inclusive to disabled differently abled people.

Echo is offensive to the deaf (though they'd never have noticed).

Echo is offensive to the deaf (though they'd never have noticed).

Hotel excludes the homeless.

India . . . . .no explanation required.

Oscar is an award that excludes black actors (except when they win one, stop your bitching you can't win one every year)

November can be triggering to people suffering from SAD.

Papa is patriarchal.

Mike should be replaced by Mama to balance that out.

Uniform signifies oppressive authoritarianism.

Tango is also discriminatory against raspberries the differently abled.

This list is by no means exhaustive and is not in alphabetical order as alphabets are a white colonial construct & should be dismantled.

Dredd

LE
the bobbies have already been working feverishly on this essential hot topic:

All new phonetic alphabet.jpg

Dredd

LE
But if that doesn't tickle your fancy and you wish to cause the maximum embuggeration, I give you:

Alternate phonetic alphabet.jpg

[wah]
1. A unit of the Metropolitan Police who had a reputation for looking for a fight. Renamed the TSG (I think).

2. An aggressive Glaswegian punk hamster from The Young Ones.[/wah]

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

[wah]
1. A unit of the Metropolitan Police who had a reputation for looking for a fight. Renamed the TSG (I think).

2. An aggressive Glaswegian punk hamster from The Young Ones.[/wah]

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
Cheers Ortholith, no wah intended. Vaguely remember A, hadn't a clue about B.

Zulu time is a fascinating concept that many people just don't understand. To this day I meet people who believe it is one hour behind wherever we are at the time, which is just mind-boggling. However, one particular interaction stands out in my memory.

It was 2002 (~ish) and I was engineering a comms circuit between Rheindahlen and the Pentagon. In order to get the details squared away I was part of a telephone conference in which the other participants were a guy from Spangdahlem and another in the Pentagon itself. There was some pre-work needed so I suggested that we do that then re-establish the conference in a couple of hours. My opening words were, "It's 11:00 ZULU now..." At which point the guy in the Pentagon cut in and asked, "Are you sure about that, it's 11:00 ZULU here too?" Over the phone, I could hear the jaw of the guy in Spangdahlem drop open and had to resist the urge to take the p1ss.

Anyway...it all got sorted and the west was safe once again thanks to my valiant efforts on behalf of the alliance.

Zulu time is a fascinating concept that many people just don't understand. To this day I meet people who believe it is one hour behind wherever we are at the time, which is just mind-boggling. However, one particular interaction stands out in my memory.

It was 2002 (~ish) and I was engineering a comms circuit between Rheindahlen and the Pentagon. In order to get the details squared away I was part of a telephone conference in which the other participants were a guy from Spangdahlem and another in the Pentagon itself. There was some pre-work needed so I suggested that we do that then re-establish the conference in a couple of hours. My opening words were, "It's 11:00 ZULU now..." At which point the guy in the Pentagon cut in and asked, "Are you sure about that, it's 11:00 ZULU here too?" Over the phone, I could hear the jaw of the guy in Spangdahlem drop open and had to resist the urge to take the p1ss.

Anyway...it all got sorted and the west was safe once again thanks to my valiant efforts on behalf of the alliance.
Similarly, trying to explain to a goon that GMT is just that - a MEAN.
He insists GMT changes for the British summer.

It's a bit like when people post images of the Moon on the Arrsers' picture thread; I am amazed that there are Moons visible from all sorts of places in the world, and not just on the Isle of Wight.

Latest Threads