issues 2000 smocks?

ive heard that recruits are now going to get issued the new soldier 2000 smocks with pockets on the arms and hoods...anyone know if this is true?

Well thats what we issue to cadets now, so i d think it highly likely if the ACF are getting them, that regs will do too. I prepare for a barrage of "you re wrong" comments :p

oops just noted you posted in the ACF forum (blonde moment)! Thats what my Bn issue

yopu heard correctly, my unit have started issuing them to the new recruits, although the are like golddust.

I don't get it, surley these jackets should be kept for regular use, after all why do cadets need hoods and pockets on arms.

Are you lot planning another wedding?

One army concept = one jacket. Everyone eventually goes out and buys a windproof smock, so why not issue them to everybody in the first place? With the size of HM forces now it must be difficult to justify to the bean counters 7 or 8 different designs.

Anybody remember that awful ACF Combat jacket from the 80's? Not windproof, or showerproof and with two useless little pockets?

My sister joined the Cadets a few months ago, and got issued more up-to-date kit than I did! Bastards...

drain_sniffer said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
One army concept ?
Except your a youth organisation, not the Army
Even more reason not to waste money supplying them with a different pattern to everyone else. That's assuming that all the old(er) pattern ones have already been issued.

Why do cadets get issued their kit? Do they sign the 1157? If they loose kit, are they charged and do they pay for losses? Are they not minors, if we issue clothing under military regulations does that not make them part of the military and therefore child soldiers?

WhiteHorse said:
Why do cadets get issued their kit? Do they sign the 1157? If they loose kit, are they charged and do they pay for losses? Are they not minors, if we issue clothing under military regulations does that not make them part of the military and therefore child soldiers?
The cadets sign on receipt of their kit, i cant recall the form number. If they loose or damage kit (away from the ACF) then they are normally charged to replace it.

drain_sniffer said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
One army concept ?
Except that all our rather limited kit is Army Issue. There is no specific clothing or equipment for cadets any more.

The ACF is, however, part of the Army's 'Family'.

I'm pointing out that we are at the very end of the supply chain, and even we are getting the 2000 pattern smock.

oh_bug.ger said:
WhiteHorse said:
The cadets sign on receipt of their kit, i cant recall the form number. If they lose or damage kit (away from the ACF) then they are normally charged to replace it.
Rarely. Cadets lose kit because they are careless, and there is rarely any sanction if they do. (Anyway the kit fairy will come and replace it!)

I think they should have to pay for their headdress upfront. Then they wouldnt keep losing them at an alarming rate

walt_of_the_walts said:
drain_sniffer said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
One army concept ?
Except that all our rather limited kit is Army Issue. There is no specific clothing or equipment for cadets any more.

The ACF is, however, part of the Army's 'Family'.

I'm pointing out that we are at the very end of the supply chain, and even we are getting the 2000 pattern smock.

oh_bug.ger said:
WhiteHorse said:
The cadets sign on receipt of their kit, i cant recall the form number. If they lose or damage kit (away from the ACF) then they are normally charged to replace it.
Rarely. Cadets lose kit because they are careless, and there is rarely any sanction if they do. (Anyway the kit fairy will come and replace it!)

I think they should have to pay for their headdress upfront. Then they wouldnt keep losing them at an alarming rate
not to mention Capbadges, I don't know if you have found the same, after the Cadets have departed an area, I stand atounded at how many kits get left behind, jackets, Berets, KFS, socks, bits of dpm materials of variou sdescription BUT strangely no Ipods or Mobile phones ever get left behind :?

this needs sorting

By Soldier 2000 smocks do you mean Smock,Combat,Windproof Woodland,DP 8415-99-573-52xx?
(xx figures for size) these are issued to all new TA recruits where I work, and as exchange items for Jacket ,Combat field.I would presume that it will be issued very shortly to the cadets when the a fore mentioned Jacket,Combat field stocks deplete. :bounce:

Latest Threads