issues 2000 smocks?

Discussion in 'ACF' started by aj2608, Jul 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive heard that recruits are now going to get issued the new soldier 2000 smocks with pockets on the arms and hoods...anyone know if this is true?
  2. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Well thats what we issue to cadets now, so i d think it highly likely if the ACF are getting them, that regs will do too. I prepare for a barrage of "you re wrong" comments :p

oops just noted you posted in the ACF forum (blonde moment)! Thats what my Bn issue
  3. thats great!

and by the talking about cadets here not regs :)
  4. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

PM d you
  5. I believe they do, yes.
  6. yopu heard correctly, my unit have started issuing them to the new recruits, although the are like golddust.
  7. why the fuck do you need pockets on the hoods?
  8. I don't get it, surley these jackets should be kept for regular use, after all why do cadets need hoods and pockets on arms.
  9. Are you lot planning another wedding?
  10. ye thats what i thought...i didnt know there were pockets on the hoods...=S
  11. :D
  12. One army concept = one jacket. Everyone eventually goes out and buys a windproof smock, so why not issue them to everybody in the first place? With the size of HM forces now it must be difficult to justify to the bean counters 7 or 8 different designs.

Anybody remember that awful ACF Combat jacket from the 80's? Not windproof, or showerproof and with two useless little pockets?
  13. Except your a youth organisation, not the Army
  14. My sister joined the Cadets a few months ago, and got issued more up-to-date kit than I did! Bastards...
  15. Even more reason not to waste money supplying them with a different pattern to everyone else. That's assuming that all the old(er) pattern ones have already been issued.