Issued military clothing for Airsofting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally invested in airsofting and i am almost to go apart from general clothing. what are the rules on wearing issued military uniform (spare) for airsofting. i am not planning to wear a complete set and will not be wearing any badges or rank tab. Just my boots, MTP PCS trousers, shirt and Buffalo thermal windshirt. could i get into trouble doing this or would i be safe if i keep it minimal.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
When you say issued stuff you don't need I take it we are talking the old issue Y fronts, long johns and flasher mac?

Get down to your local surplus shop, buy a pair of trousers and a jacket, keep the receipts in a safe place and then you know you won't get in the shit.

Fcuking airsarft!

I have finally invested in airsofting and i am almost to go apart from general clothing. what are the rules on wearing issued military uniform (spare) for airsofting. i am not planning to wear a complete set and will not be wearing any badges or rank tab. Just my boots, MTP PCS trousers, shirt and Buffalo thermal windshirt. could i get into trouble doing this or would i be safe if i keep it minimal.

thanks in advance

Someone I know well sells loads of issued kit to airsofters. I doubt anyone will notice if you rocked up in yours.

thanks in advance
if your ARAB, you should be out getting pissed and laid, airsofting why not just go RAF Regt

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone I know well sells loads of issued kit to airsofters. I doubt anyone will notice if you rocked up in yours.
Something you want to tell us about? ;)

Why is airsoft enjoyed over paintball by many?

Do they fire further or something?

A few years ago you used to be able to buy mini indoor paintball guns and even these blowpipe paintball shooters.

Just wondering why one is preferred over the other?

To the OP: Is this you? :?

Fat Guy airsoft 3.jpg

Can't think why you'd wear out your issue clothing running around in the woods playing soldiers with air soft guns.

Why is airsoft enjoyed over paintball by many?

Do they fire further or something?

A few years ago you used to be able to buy mini indoor paintball guns and even these blowpipe paintball shooters.

Just wondering why one is preferred over the other?
The weapons are (pretty convincing) replicas, which I guess appeals to some. Having experienced both it's a lot less painful too.

ugly

LE
A tip if you must play airsoft, dont wear any unit embellishments, rank or special kit which if it gets damaged means you need to explain to the man at Q&M.
My lad went paintballing, they were given the old OG covies, now I know where all the ones I signed for ended up!

thanks in advance
Normal people won’t give a shit what you wear in airsoft (or paintball)
The QM and the army won’t know or give a shit as long as you don’t damage anything or act like a major dick

The average player won’t care what you wear.
In airsoft with the ‘realism’ there is more dressing up so if you wear enough to look in uniform or have any badges on then you are more likely to get an ‘expert’ telling you that you are wearing it wrongly, or that ‘proper’ soldiers don’t wear that mix.

Weather permitting, Jeans and a t shirt would do, but some sites aim to assign sides by clothing which would be camos vs jeans etc

Status
Not open for further replies.