Issued holdall capacity?

Badger223

Clanker
Does anyone know the capacity of the smaller holdalls that get issued in training? Some people were issued 2 small ones (the ones I'm interested in the capacity of), and others were issued one of the older style black deployment bags.

Can't seen to find any listings on ebay for the smaller ones and there aren't any tags inside which would indicate capacity/nsn, etc.

I believe that, at a push, you can get a standard lingerie model into one:

1581179829094.png

Fill it full of water, then pour that water into a measured container, that will give you the capacity in litres. Do this at 25 degrees Centigrade to be sure.

I hope this helps.

Don't believe these chaps, you can fit the entire contents of your locker in one holdall if you have just been told the last flight/ship/bus is leaving in 10 minutes.

D

Deleted 15653

All military holdalls, bergens and other containers are the same size 'never quite big enough'

I can fit enough food, fuel and kit in a large black bag to keep a campsite full of civvies going for a couple of days (resupply by Dominos optional but appreciated).

Given I am one of those whining civvies I have no idea about the smaller bag. My reply to this thread is therefore totally useless and a waste of bandwidth. However, given some other threads I recently contributed to were deleted I feel the need to post something, no matter how tedious or irrelevant.

Does anyone know the capacity of the smaller holdalls that get issued in training? Some people were issued 2 small ones (the ones I'm interested in the capacity of), and others were issued one of the older style black deployment bags.

Can't seen to find any listings on ebay for the smaller ones and there aren't any tags inside which would indicate capacity/nsn, etc.

Are those the ones we nicknamed the 'tardis'?

When its full that's the capacity. When full start filling another and another until all shit is packed.

Ritch

LE
Is this too early to enquire whether this this thread is going the way the OP wanted?