Issued Aku's MOD Brown

skymacuk

Old-Salt
Do the issued Aku's (MOD Brown) come in half sizes ? as i've been informed they don't.
As the issued size 10 are too small and the 11 too big for me.

Boxy

GCM
I’m a Nine and a half, the Nine large fits me nicely so that may be the half size?

Boxy

GCM
I think so as well, I have wide feet, nine and a half wide for Altbergs

Do the issued Aku's (MOD Brown) come in half sizes ? as i've been informed they don't.
As the issued size 10 are too small and the 11 too big for me.

According to this chap reviewing Aku army boots, his are a 10.5. Don’t know if they are the exact same as yours but would have thought they do half sizes.

skymacuk

Old-Salt
According to this chap reviewing Aku army boots, his are a 10.5. Don’t know if they are the exact same as yours but would have thought they do half sizes.

I'm thinking these might be "Pukka Gen" Aku's rather than the mass produced MOD Brown issued Aku's i only say that as they have the leather label on the inside of the tongue where as the issued ones do not ( maybe i'm wrong and its just an earlier model )

But i can't seem to find 10.5 through the system.

I used to wear thin socks (sometimes two pairs) with my jungle boots and thicker socks with my other issue boots. It's how I dealt with boots, from experience, certain types of sock goes better with certain boots.

Mattb

LE
I thought all issued boots came in full sizes nowadays with spacers to take them down to half-size.

I'm thinking these might be "Pukka Gen" Aku's rather than the mass produced MOD Brown issued Aku's i only say that as they have the leather label on the inside of the tongue where as the issued ones do not ( maybe i'm wrong and its just an earlier model )

But i can't seem to find 10.5 through the system.

It’s a bummer if 10.5 aren’t available on issue.

I’m a civvy and just assumed half sizes would be available. Would you be allowed to wear private purchase ones? But I guess why should you have to pay for getting the right sized boots.

Fingers crossed there’s some in the system somewhere.

It’s a bummer if 10.5 aren’t available on issue.

I’m a civvy and just assumed half sizes would be available. Would you be allowed to wear private purchase ones? But I guess why should you have to pay for getting the right sized boots.

Fingers crossed there’s some in the system somewhere.

Yes, if the MO says that you can.

Hairy-boab

Clanker
That's very strange.... I was told they only did full sizes :O
Sometimes with boots (especially e.g. work, ski boots etc), the only difference between full and half sizes is an extra/large spacer under the footbed. This takes up a bunch of room from the (full size) last. Somebody mentioned this above, i'd email the manufacturer and ask them if the (commercially available) half sizes are made on a unique last or just labelled that way. I'm guessing the latter.