Issue, Vest, Drawers Thermal Underwear, Olive, question.

loony

Swinger
CLOTHING FOR OPERATIONS
Soldiers deploying on operations are given ‘The Black Bag’ of kit which contains such items as anti-microbial underpants, designed to be worn for days at a time, flame resistant clothing, for working inside vehicles, sleeping systems, load carrying equipment and the Osprey body armour.

do you mean these? if so bung us a pair, I wanna try them out for a month constantly for some odd reason.

loony

Swinger
oh yea if you really wanna sell them put "SBS issue" as that has more mystery allure to the sales pitch.

Truxx

LE
They’re shite. Especially when wet.

Our DS in RoCo advised us to bin them and get high-denier ladies’ tights. They are warmer, lighter, pack up smaller and dry faster.

But then they were AACC qualified so they may have had an ulterior motive...
The ladies tights thing was tout la rage when I was at sandbags. Being from the frozen north I never indulged but I recall the end of EX MARATHON CHASE at STANTA in December the sight never to be forgotten whilst everyone was changing into dry kit. Across the square were legs of various lengths and dimension clad in tattered and torn hosiery of varying hues.

Some had so many tears and holes that I was obliged to conclude that they were worn by some more for pleasure than thermal advantage.

The ladies tights thing was tout la rage when I was at sandbags. Being from the frozen north I never indulged but I recall the end of EX MARATHON CHASE at STANTA in December the sight never to be forgotten whilst everyone was changing into dry kit. Across the square were legs of various lengths and dimension clad in tattered and torn hosiery of varying hues.

Some had so many tears and holes that I was obliged to conclude that they were worn by some more for pleasure than thermal advantage.
STANTA? STANTA?

Poufs.

Try repeatedly digging in on the Plain. Clay and Flint. None of your Norfolk sand...that's a proper 'Marathon Chase'...missing Charlie G's and all...

The whole country's gone to pot, I tell thee!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

loony

Swinger
The swedes are quite good at getting cold sans pong.

Im convinced that the issue Norgie should have been merino but some tight Cuut picked terry loop cotton instead as he was only gonna sit behind a desk anyway.

Now Wheres my SBAS issue thermals? l im looking forward to itchy balls.

Last edited:
Worn underneath issue trousers and cbt95 jacket ideal for wearing public order arm and leg padding, you got used to running back and forward with stick hickory in one hand shield in other and flask mask to keep your skin protected against petrol bombs.

Character building no chance of summer fungal rash balls exclusive, when walking around the less salubrious sights of Belfast town

Truxx

LE
STANTA? STANTA?

Poufs.

Try repeatedly digging in on the Plain. Clay and Flint. None of your Norfolk sand...that's a proper 'Marathon Chase'...missing Charlie G's and all...

The whole country's gone to pot, I tell thee!

STANTA was not my choice obvs.

We did do an Ex on SPTA, LONGSTOP HILL I recall. Lots of digging. Flint n chalky clay that never really got washed out of combats and webbing etc. And very icy too I recall. I was one of the bigger chaps in the Pl and was generally to be found carrying the 84, the GPMG or the Larkspur radio.

I would not have minded so much had the 84 not been reallocated during live firing at Sennybridge to a diminutive tankie for the tank killing bit. He got to fire half a dozen sub cals and one proper HE before handing the effing thing back to the big lads to carry for the rest of the commissioning course.

Anyway back to the undergarments. Were they not "drawers cellular"? Renamed Drawers Dracula?

STANTA was not my choice obvs.

We did do an Ex on SPTA, LONGSTOP HILL I recall. Lots of digging. Flint n chalky clay that never really got washed out of combats and webbing etc. And very icy too I recall. I was one of the bigger chaps in the Pl and was generally to be found carrying the 84, the GPMG or the Larkspur radio.

I would not have minded so much had the 84 not been reallocated during live firing at Sennybridge to a diminutive tankie for the tank killing bit. He got to fire half a dozen sub cals and one proper HE before handing the effing thing back to the big lads to carry for the rest of the commissioning course.

Anyway back to the undergarments. Were they not "drawers cellular"? Renamed Drawers Dracula?
No. Drawers, cellular, green, jungle, man's were 'normal' underwear. By the time I got to RoCo they were no longer issued, but I had been issued them in the Thatcher Youth.

gorillaguts981

War Hero
I used to keep my jim-jam bottoms on tucked into my socks (joined in January) which kept me warm and stopped the sandpaper battledress taking all the hairs off my legs.

I know that US troops in Vietnam wore nylon ladies types if in wet areas as they could remove the leeches in one go rather than picking them off one by one.

The_Poltroon

Clanker
CLOTHING FOR OPERATIONS
Soldiers deploying on operations are given ‘The Black Bag’ of kit which contains such items as anti-microbial underpants, designed to be worn for days at a time, flame resistant clothing, for working inside vehicles, sleeping systems, load carrying equipment and the Osprey body armour.
I've got a couple of pairs of these.

They resemble lycra cycling shorts and are surprisingly good to wear as undershorts for running, tabbing etc

Latest Threads