• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Issue sorted, please delete

The GNR to LBDR Board sat for my Regiment and I came very top of said board on the grading, all pre requisites ticked. I was informed I had come off the board but due to pids would possibly be moved to a different BTY to promote. A few months went by and nothing happened but multiple people promoted to BDR from LBDR in multiple trades in my BTY. Due to an injury I’m soon to be made MLD so I can no longer carry on with my current trade. Luckily I was dual traded and had ACS under my belt too. So I was offered to move across to a different BTY to be a LBDR in ACS.
Upon moving a GNR in my old BTY was then promoted in ACS and upon arriving in my new BTY it appears they have no idea about my apparent promotion I have spoken to my TC but he didn’t seem to have a clue about it either. He has said he will speak to my BSM.

Sorry for the long post just wondering whether I am over reacting and should give it some more time or does it appear I am being shafted?

Ask for an interview with your OC (Bty Cdr?) over this issue. During it, if you don't get the answers you are looking for, ask how you submit a Service Complaint.

The GNR to LBDR Board sat for my Regiment and I came very top of said board on the grading, all pre requisites ticked. I was informed I had come off the board but due to pids would possibly be moved to a different BTY to promote. A few months went by and nothing happened but multiple people promoted to BDR from LBDR in multiple trades in my BTY. Due to an injury I’m soon to be made MLD so I can no longer carry on with my current trade. Luckily I was dual traded and had ACS under my belt too. So I was offered to move across to a different BTY to be a LBDR in ACS.
Upon moving a GNR in my old BTY was then promoted in ACS and upon arriving in my new BTY it appears they have no idea about my apparent promotion I have spoken to my TC but he didn’t seem to have a clue about it either. He has said he will speak to my BSM.

Sorry for the long post just wondering whether I am over reacting and should give it some more time or does it appear I am being shafted?
See your BSM instead of pissing around on here.

Yep, fair point...it does look like he's being stiffed TBH.... Re Arrse ki55ers, twas always the way during my time too...
I was once told by my Tiffy at QDG in the late 1970's when I pointed out people in other fitter sections were getting promoted who were much less experienced than me, that I wasn't to worry as I'd catch up eventually! No, it didn't reassure me but I did catch up eventually mainly because those promoted ahead of me either got SNR or left. Thing is I knew as soon as the Tiffy said it that I'd never catch up on the money I'd not be earning.

I was once told by my Tiffy at QDG in the late 1970's when I pointed out people in other fitter sections were getting promoted who were much less experienced than me, that I wasn't to worry as I'd catch up eventually! No, it didn't reassure me but I did catch up eventually mainly because those promoted ahead of me either got SNR or left. Thing is I knew as soon as the Tiffy said it that I'd never catch up on the money I'd not be earning.
Mate, I was a Sjt for 10 fecking years....overtaken by some shitebags along the way.

I had done and passed all my 'Career' courses - but to be fair, I was a pi55 taking gobshite too ;-) and never put up with too much bolloxs.
I did also tell the mob to feck off a few times when they offered me a few CQMS postings...eventually got a fighting Csjts role with the APs.... then came to another grinding halt .

Feck 'em, I knew that the cost of me being a mouthy tw@t was reflected in the WO & Sjt's Mess Photo's ;-)

Are you TA? If so promotions are just a bit of fun, a bit like ‘milk monitor’or ‘class librarian’ so don’t worry, just complain and somebody else will promote you and continue promoting you until you’re a notional Warrant Officer, which is a bit like being a real WO just 15 years older and 8 stone fatter.

If you’re a regular, speak to chain of command; you should know better.

It sounds like you have been shafted see:
Is a male to female transgender a good choice for a partner?
Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bladesman, Thursday at 12:07 AM.

Oh come on, you set the video running before you start. Leave a note for the next person in the room to remove the tape, organise its downloading and posting on here.

Must I do everything