issue smock / Field Jacket

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Dodgy-Engr, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I could not help notice that the latest batch of new recruits in my TA Sqn have been issued a new version of the Windproof smock (well 2 each actually!). 8O

I asked the QM rep if he had been out in the sun too much recently :? , apparently not!!

Has the field Jacket been binned :?:

2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Yes, sort of.

The ripstop version has been replaced with one made from tight weave cotton, and field jacket with attached hood is also on issue.

For windproofs there is yet another version with attached hood , mesh lining and fleece lined hand warmer pockets.

All three made from the same material.

3. TWO jackets, what's the TA world coming to?
    BTW D-E I'm a 180/104 mate!

4. Sure that's not a 104/180?

5. I'll just go & check.....nope, def 180(height)/104(chest).

6. thank god they binned the rip stop, impossible to press!!

7. No - if pressed correctly a smart item of kit - learn to switch your iron on!

8. your not ment to iron ripstop , arnt you?

9. No,but you are MEANT to.

Pedants corner here

10. Occasionally, it helps if you take off said item before attempting to iron :eek:

11. I saw the new jacket last weekend, can only imagine the hood is to keep up with todays street fashion

12. 104 chest! I didn't know people could breath in that far. :D

13. May be lost here, does this mean the army's cbt 95 jacket has been replaced?

And if so, it has a hood on it? Is the DPM any different?

14. If I had any feelings they'd be hurt....

104, I likes 'em baggy.

That's my excuse anyway.

15. There even issuing them to CADETS. About a quarter of my det have the Mk2 already! havent seen any Mk2 modified's yet (Hood and mesh etc;)